Get­ting a taxi li­cence

Rutherglen Reformer - - In­ti­ma­tions -

Would-be taxi driv­ers in Ruther­glen and Cam­bus­lang are be­ing of­fered ad­vice on how to get a li­cence.

All ve­hi­cles op­er­at­ing as a taxi or pri­vate hire car need to be li­censed.

Driv­ers can ap­ply on­line or con­tact the li­cens­ing of­fice at fleet ser­vices in Blan­tyre.

Af­ter ap­pli­ca­tion there is a 28 day ob­jec­tion pe­riod. A copy of your ap­pli­ca­tion is sent to Po­lice Scot­land for any com­ments or ob­jec­tions.

There are dif­fer­ent li­cences with dif­fer­ent prices. They are: taxi - £377 taxi trans­fer - £377 pri­vate hire car - £370

pri­vate hire car trans­fer - £370

sub­sti­tute ve­hi­cle - £46

It is a con­di­tion of a li­cence that the plates and iden­ti­fi­ca­tion stick­ers is­sued for ave­hi­cle are prop­erly dis­played. Fail­ure to dis­play these could re­sult in sus­pen­sion.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.