Studio 32 perform Songs from the Shows
Studio 32 will stage a concert at Fernhill and Cathkin Parish Church next week.
A West End special, the group will sing songs from the shows when they take to the stage at 7.30pm on Friday, September 2. Tickets costs £5 and includes refreshments.
Tickets can be bought by calling Mrs Bridie Kelly on 0141 533 2684. A Cambuslang primary school will be holding a summer fair to raise funds for an outdoor classroom.
Parkview Primary will host the event inside the school and on the playground from 11am to 2pm on Saturday, August 27.
The fair, set up by the Parkview Parent Partnership, will include fun activities for all the family.
Kids will be able to have their face painted, a chance to beat the goalie and hook-a-duck.
Parents can enjoy the barbecue and local businesses will be running stalls throughout the day. The money raised will go towards school funds and creating an outdoor classroom for the pupils. Seventeen lucky groups were celebrating yesterday when they were handed community grants by the Cambuslang and Rutherglen area committee. The awards went to: * Cambuslang and Rutherglen Rock ‘n’ Pop Chorus Juniors, £250, startup costs.
* Scotland Malayalee Association, Cambuslang, £900, equipment, environmental project, outing, administration and publicity costs.
* Rutherglen Bankhead Residents’ Association, £200, outing.
*Cambuslang Handicapped Fund, £ 700, specialist transport and entrance fees.
* 3rd Rutherglen Brownies, £350, equipment.
* Cathkin Pensioners’ Association, £ 650, outing, equipment and materials.
* Rutherglen Bowling Club, £300, equipment.
* Cambuslang Parish Church Pipe Band, £ 250, start-up costs.
* Cambuslang Churches Holiday Club, £200, outing.
* Rutherglen Old People’s Welfare Committee, £ 130, outing.
*Cambuslang and Rutherglen Reachout Trust, £250, outing and entrance fees.
* Flemington Hallside Church Youth Project, £200, outing.
* Cambuslang Parish Church Youth Fellowship, £200, outing.
* The Nurture Education and Cultural Society, Ca m b u s l a n g , £650, equipment, administration and publicity costs.
*Cambuslang Remembrance Garden Group, £250, start-up costs.
* Ca m b u s l a n g and Rutherglen Unemployed Art Club, £ 1000, outing, materials, equipment, administration and publicity costs.
* Young at Heart Senior Club, Cambuslang, £ 500, outing, equipment, administration and publicity costs.
The area committee received £ 45,000 to hand out in community grants over 2016/17. They still have £26,135 to allocate.