General Knowledge Quiz
1. What name is given to the strip of land granted to Poland by the Treaty of Versailles in 1919 that separated East Prussia from the rest of Germany?
A Prussian Corridor B Polish Corridor C German Corridor D Versailles Corridor
2. In which Irish county is Connemara?
A County Galway B County Cork C Clare D Kilkenny
3. Which British prime minister became the 1st Earl of Stockton?
A Harold Macmillan B Sir Anthony Eden C Sir Winston Churchill D Harold Wilson
4. Who anointed Saul as the first king of Israel?
A David B Josiah C Samuel D Joseph
5. What name is given to an enquiry into a person’s resources to establish entitlement to a welfare benefit?
A Means test B Aptitude test C Poverty test D Fiscal test
6. Which flower was the symbol of the House of Lancaster?
A White rose B Red rose C Black rose D Thistle
7. Kylie Minogue recorded the theme tune to the film version of which sitcom, released in 2016?
A Are You Being Served? B Absolutely Fabulous C Only Fools and Horses D Family Guy
8. Who was the ‘speaker’ of The People’s Parliament on Channel 4?
A Lesley Riddoch B Liam Richards C Leon Rapauski D Lee Rioch
9. Which swimmer won 7 gold medals at the 1972 Olympics?
A Steve James B Philip Rogers C Geoffrey Stevens D Mark Spitz
10. What is the capital of Australia?
A Sydney B Perth C Melbourne D Canberra
11. Who wrote The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe?
A JRR Tolkien B Lewis Carroll C JK Rowling D CS Lewis
12. In the castle of which West Yorkshire market town was Richard II murdered?
A Wakefield B Ripon C Pontefract D Halifax
13. Which US heavy rock band did English born guitarist Slash join?
A Metallica B Guns ‘n’ Roses C Dire Straits D The Offspring
14. Which artificial element is represented by the symbol Es?
A Einsteinium B Erbium C Europium D Arsenic
15. Ardal O’Hanlon recently replaced Kris Marshall as a DI residing on the island of Saint Marie in which BBC1 drama?
A Tropical Murder Mystery B Inspector Marshall Investigates C Death in Paradise D CSI Marie
Actor Ardal O’Hanlon. See Question 15.