Ali­cence to­bounce

Rutherglen Reformer - - Devastated -

Tram­po­line parks like the Flip Out in Ruther­glen will soon have to ap­ply for a pub­lic en­ter­tain­ment li­cence.

Coun­cil­lors on a li­cens­ing com­mit­tee will to­day, Wed­nes­day, rub­ber­stamp a move to in­clude tram­po­line fa­cil­i­ties in the coun­cil’s Li­cens­ing of Places of Pub­lic En­ter­tain­ment res­o­lu­tion.

The move has been sug­gested by coun­cil of­fi­cers fol­low­ing con­sul­ta­tion with Po­lice Scot­land and com­mu­nity re­sources.

Once the res­o­lu­tion is in place, any tram­po­line park, in­ter­nal or ex­ter­nal, or any fa­cil­ity with tram­po­lines or soft play areas will re­quire the pub­lic en­ter­tain­ment li­cence.

A con­sul­ta­tion pe­riod took place be­tween March 8 and April 10 this year but no ob­jec­tions were made.

Once ap­proved, the num­ber of dif­fer­ent venues cov­ered will rise to 15.

Al­ready in­cluded in the list is theatres, con­cert halls or mu­si­cal halls; snooker rooms, swim­ming polls and saunas or sunbed es­tab­lish­ments.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.