Where and when to avoid the dreaded traffic jams
● MAIN STREET, CAMBUSLANG closed between Greenlees Road and Bridge Street from 6am to 10pm on Sunday, December 3. Alternative route via Main Street, Clydeford Road and Bridge Street.
●MAIN STREET, RUTHERGLEN closed between its junction with Mill Street and Stonelaw Road on Saturday, December 2 from 6am until 10pm; Queen Street closed at its junction with Main Street. Alternative routes via: Stonelaw Road, Rodger Drive and Mill Street, Potters Way and Glasgow Road.
● BUCHANAN DRIVE, CAMBUSLANG closed from A724 Glasgow Road to Brownside Road from 9.30am to 3.30pm on Friday, November 17,2017 for Scottish Water repairs. Alternative route via A724 Main Street, West Coats Road, Douglas Drive, Brownside Road, Hawthorn Walk and B762 Dukes Road.
● B759 GREENLEES ROAD closed between A749 Glasgow Road and East Greenlees Road from 7am on Monday, November 20 until Wednesday, November 29 to allow power supply installation to new Persimmon Homes residential development. Diversion via A724 Main Street, A724 Glasgow Road, A724 Cambuslang Road, Hamilton Road, B768, Main Street Rutherglen, A730 Mill Street, A730 Fernhill Road, A730 Cathkin Relief Road, A730 Cathkin Bypass, A749 Glasgow Road, Western Road and B759 Greenlees Road.
●VIEWPARK DRIVE, RUTHERGLEN is closed between Victoria Road and A749 Stonelaw Road from 7am on Monday, November 6, to June 2018 to allow Scottish Water to install a new sewer. Alternative route is via Victoria Road, Rodger Drive and A749 Stonelaw Road.
● A749 FARMELOAN ROAD closed between B768 Main Street and Victoria Street
from 7am Saturday, November 18 to 11.59pm on Sunday, November 19 for Scottish Water repairs. Alternative route via A724 Cambuslang Road, B768 Main Street, King Street and Green Street.
● LIGHTBURN ROAD, CAMBUSLANG closed between A724 Hamilton Road and Letterickhills Crescent from 7am on Monday, November 20 until Friday, November 24 for carriageway surfacing work. Diversion via A724 Hamilton Road and Lightburn Road.
● ABBEYDALEWAY, RUTHERGLEN closed between Fernhill Road and Neilvaig Drive from 7am on Monday, December 4 until Friday, December 8 for BT installation work. Diversion via Fernhill Road and Neilvaig Drive.