Flat ‘fire’ drama was eCig
VAPERS have been warned to be careful after emergency services were called to a potential flat fire - only to find a man smoking an eCigarette.
Crews were sent to an automatic fire alarm triggered at flats on Offerton Lane, Offerton, at around 11pm.
But when they arrived and knocked on the door a man answered with an eCigarette in his hand and in a cloud of vapour.
He had been listening to music on headphones so had not heard the fire alarm set off by the thick smoke.
Crew manager Matt Lewis, from Offerton fire station, said: ”When he opened the door he looked at us bemused but there was a lot of smoke as it doesn’t dissipate straight away and builds up.
“It is a new annoyance, it is strange what turn outs are caused by changing times.
“We would ask people to be careful and either open the window or go outside, especially in a small flat.”