TOP TIPS ON FITTING CCTV
1. Take advice from local police, and locksmiths before installing cameras.
2. Ensure cameras point in the right directions and record the blind spots such as trees, sheds, and parked cars.
3. IP CCTV systems are cameras that use your network or internet portal to send images to your computer’s router, allowing you to access the footage over the internet from remote locations.
4. Don’t use wireless cameras within the home as thieves could pick up the signal and discover a lot more about your property’s layout. Internal cameras can point criminals to parts of your home where you are most likely to keep valuables.
5. You need more expensive high resolution cameras if the police are to rely on the evidence in court.
6. Cameras are just part of a home security system. Invest in locks, security lights, alarms and gravel (it’s noisy) near your home.
7. The Which? website has reviews of cameras and other home security devices.
Burglars want a quick and simple target. CCTV cameras could help deter them