HOW TO GET THE BEST BROADBAND
1. Contact your provider as soon as you know your new address and moving date.
2. Check your existing deal to see whether you are free to move. If not, find out what the cost will be. If your existing provider does not supply your new home, you might have to pay a penalty.
3. Check television options – your new home might have a better or worse choice, even with the same provider.
4. Your existing provider might be the best buy at your old home – but not necessarily at your new one. Explore your options.
5. If you are likely to move home often, look for short-term deals.
6. Regulator Ofcom can be helpful in a dispute – phone 0300 123 3333. Further advice is available at which.co.uk