Hot deals for winter sun as prices plunge
Looking to escape the British winter for some foreign sun – and bag a bargain too? We asked holiday price comparison site TravelSupermarket for the best deals, and they reckon you can save up to 48 per cent year-on-year.
Check these rates for their five most searched-for winter sun deals.
1. Orlando, Florida (expect 210C) – price drop: Up to 40 per cent. The nation’s favourite for a winter week with the world’s best theme parks and more. The deal: Manchester has the best rates, with seven nights from £341pp, travelling January 18 and staying at the three-star Seralago Hotel & Suites Main Gate East in Kissimmee, room-only.
2. Tenerife (expect 190C) – price drop: Up to 30 per cent. A 12,000ft volcano to go up, no jetlag and one of the best water parks around. What more could you want?
The deal: Leave Stansted on January 30 for a week self-catering at the three-star Apartamentos Estrella del Norte in Santa Cruz. From £141pp.
3. Cancun (expect 230C) – price drop: Up to 29 per cent. A gorgeous 13-mile beach and some legendary nightlife awaits – while the mysterious Mayan ruins at Chichén Itzá and Tulum are unmissable.
The deal: Fly from Birmingham on January 8 for 14 nights, room-only, at the four-star Ambiance Suites Cancun. From £615pp.
4. The Maldives (expect 280C) – price drop: Up to 48 per cent. Oh-soInstagrammable idyllic Indian Ocean islands beckon. If you’re going room-only or B&B, make sure your island offers a choice of places to eat out. Gan in Addu Atoll ticks that box.
The deal: Get 14 nights’ B&B at the three-star Reveries Diving Village on Gan from £880pp. Fly from Manchester on February 13.
5. Barbados (expect 260C) – price drop: Up to 28 per cent. A celebrity hotspot, but one where you don’t need an A-lister’s bank account. Oistins has value eats and the island buses are fun and cheap. Watch the surfers at Bathsheba and try rum at Mount Gay. The deal: Fly from Manchester or Gatwick on December 7 and stay for 10 nights, room-only, at the two-star Sunbay Hotel in Maxwell. From £518pp.
DIVE IN Maldives