The Football League Paper - - LEAGUE ONE - By Richard Latham

RON­NIE Moore de­clined to com­ment on claims that he is the sub­ject of a Foot­ball As­so­ci­a­tion in­ves­ti­ga­tion af­ter his Tran­mere team drew with Bris­tol City.

The man­ager spoke at length about his side’s per­for­mance, but made a swift de­par­ture when ques­tioned about me­dia re­ports con­cern­ing a pos­si­ble breach of reg­u­la­tions pre­vent­ing him from bet­ting on any com­pe­ti­tion in which his club is in­volved.

Asked whether he wanted to com­ment on the story, Moore said sim­ply: “What story?” and de­parted with a broad grin on his face.

No charges have been brought against the 61-year-old Tran­mere boss and he has not been sus­pended.

A club state­ment said: “Tran­mere Rovers are aware of me­dia re­ports re­gard­ing Ron­nie Moore. As this is an on­go­ing mat­ter the club will make no fur­ther com­ment at this time.”

On the pitch the vis­i­tors were well worth the point earned by a su­perb Ja­son Koumas equaliser ten min­utes from time and might even have nicked all three.

“I thought we were tremen­dous in the first half and re­ally bossed the game,” he added.

“Bris­tol couldn’t han­dle our mid­field and my only dis­ap­point­ment is that if we had got on the front foot a bit more we would have come away with a win.

“Jake Cas­sidy de­served his first goal since re­turn­ing to us on loan for all the hard work he has put in and the Ja­son Koumas strike was mag­nif­i­cent.

“There wasn’t much we could have done about Bris­tol’s first goal be­cause the lad hasn’t meant to score. But we might have de­fended bet­ter for their sec­ond.”

There was a large el­e­ment of luck about City’s first goal on 12 min­utes. Sam Bal­dock saw his driven cross from the right elude goal­keeper Owain fon Wil­liams and en­ter the net off the in­side of the far post for his 17th goal of the sea­son.

Tran­mere had started well and were level within seven min­utes when Jake Cas­sidy turned past Aden Flint to drive a fierce shot over goal­keeper Si­mon Moore from ten yards. It was the striker's first goal of a sec­ond spell on loan from Wolves.

City looked to have won it on 78 min­utes when Bal­dock’s cross from the right to the far post was headed home by left-back Der­rick Wil­liams for his first Foot­ball League goal.

But the classy Koumas was hav­ing none of it, find­ing the top cor­ner of the net with a right­footed shot from just out­side the box that gave Moore no chance.

And Bris­tol City boss Steve Cot­ter­ill felt City ran out of steam in their sev­enth game in 21 days.

He said: “At times we found it hard to raise a gal­lop, al­though we im­proved in the sec­ond half when we passed the ball a lot bet­ter.

“I feared that tired­ness would be a fac­tor and so it proved.

“It has been a very tough pe­riod for the play­ers and I’m pleased we now have a free week to pre­pare for an­other im­por­tant game at Sh­effield United.

“The lads are very dis­ap­pointed in the dress­ing room.”

BRIS­TOL CITY: (4-2-3-1): Moore 6, Os­borne 6, Flint 6, ElAbd 5, Wil­liams 7 (Bryan 85), El­liott 6, Pack 6, Bal­dock 6, Em­manuel-Thomas 5, Cunningham 6 (Reid 68, 6), Bar­nett 5 (Burns 46, 7). Subs not used: Field­ing, Moloney, Wyn­ter, Gil­lett

TRAN­MERE ROVERS: (4-5-1): Fon Wil­liams 6, Pen­ning­ton 6, Tay­lor 6, Arthur­wor­rey 7, Ride­halgh 6, Lowe 7, Wal­lace 7, Jen­nings 6, Koumas 8, Kennedy 7 (Kirby 82, 6), Cas­sidy 7. Subs not used: Mooney, Holmes, Good­sion, Robin­son, Stock­ton, Power

PIC­TURES: Ac­tion Im­ages


S Tranme

re ROVERS RE­TURN: Tran­mere play­ers mob Ja­son Koumas af­ter his equaliser. In­set: Der­rick Wil­liams scores the sec­ond goal for Bris­tol City

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.