The Non-League Football Paper - - EVO-STIK NPL NORTH & SOUTH - By Se­bas­tian Clay­ton

PRESCOT Ca­bles grabbed a cru­cial 3-1 away win at Clitheroe as they kept up the pres­sure on South Shields and Scar­bor­ough Ath­letic at the top of the ta­ble.

Chris Al­mond opened the scor­ing for Prescot, with an un­marked header di­rect from a corner.

Kurt Wil­loughby missed a penalty on 28 min­utes for Clitheroe but Alex Newby made amends one minute later af­ter spring­ing the off­side trap.

Josh Klein-Davies re­stored the lead af­ter his shot de­flected out­ra­geously over the keeper, and the pace con­tin­ued in the sec­ond half with Lloyd Dean set­ting Al­mond free to grab his sec­ond and Prescot’s third on 51 min­utes. Wil­loughby hit the post two min­utes later but it was to be the away side’s day as they main­tained the lead un­til the end.

Else­where in the top four, there was a thrilling match be­tween Bam­ber Bridge and Os­sett Town as Brig even­tu­ally tri­umphed 3-2.

Ger­ard Gar­ner opened the scor­ing for Bam­ber Bridge on 23 min­utes, vol­ley­ing home, be­fore Os­sett equalised, with Isaac Assenso fir­ing home.

Af­ter the break, Ma­cauley Wil­son put the home side ahead again, con­vert­ing a penalty af­ter Re­gan Lin­ney had been brought down, and Brad Cars­ley made it 3-1 just past the hour mark.

Martin Pem­ble­ton pulled one back for the Reds but Brig sur­vived a few late scares to seal the points. The other Os­sett side,

Al­bion, shared the points with Droyls­den af­ter a 3-3 cracker at Queen’s Ter­race.

Aidan Chip­pen­dale scored two goals of qual­ity to give the home side the lead, the first of which was cre­ated by De­clan Daw­son’s de­light­ful through ball and the sec­ond was much the same – this time Adam Pri­est­ley as­sist­ing.

Sefton Gon­za­les then con­verted a penalty to get Droyls­den back in it, Pri­est­ley made it 3-1 on 60 min­utes but Do­minic Smith brought it back to 32 and Gon­za­les’ 88th-minute header claimed the draw.

Glos­sop and Traf­ford are just six points apart in the ta­ble af­ter a tight game ended up 1-1.

Aaron Burns put Traf­ford ahead just 18 min­utes in, but Adam Jones’ per­fectly-an­gled header into the far corner on 71 min­utes meant the points were shared.

Brig­house Town and Hyde United also drew 11 af­ter the Tigers had led for most of the game.

It was a Janni Lipka through ball to Mar­cus Mar­shall that proved cru­cial in the opener, and in the sec­ond half Town had most of the play be­fore Adam Field headed in Iwan Hee­ley’s corner.

Town also lost Aaron Martin late on, the striker shown a red card by Peter Walker in the fourth minute of added time.

At the top of the divi­sion South Shields kept up the pace with

Scar­bor­ough Ath­letic as they smashed their way to a 5-1 win over Mossley.

Liam El­lis had given the away side a sur­prise lead in the first half but a Gavin Cog­don hat-trick plus goals for Carl Fin­ni­gan and Julio Arca swept aside the op­po­si­tion in a one-sided sec­ond half.

Tad­caster Al­bion were also big win­ners away at Skelmers­dale United, notch­ing a 3-1 vic­tory.

Peter David­son opened the scor­ing on 20 min­utes and An­drew Milne dou­bled it be­fore Joshua War­dle pulled one back, but Joseph Pugh struck 15 min­utes from time.

Ather­ton and Goole drew 1-1, Col­wyn Bay beat Rad­cliffe 3-0 and Matthew Mor­gan’s in­jury­time goal saw Colne de­feat Rams­bot­tom 1-0.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.