The Non-League Football Paper - - FA VASE 2ND ROUND QUALIFYING - By Robin Jones

NEW Col­lege Swin­don turned up late for their game at Baffins Mil­ton Rovers – and ended up on the wrong side of a 14-1 maul­ing.

Four mem­bers of the acad­emy side got stuck on the mo­tor­way and the game at the Sy­den­hams Wess­sex Premier side kicked off 15 min­utes late – but the Hellenic One West out­fit never re­ally got started.

Tommy Leigh led the rout with four goals with Tyler Moret and Ja­son Parish hit­ting hat-tricks, Rob­bie Taw bagged a dou­ble and Sedal Sei­bou and Harry Wed­lake scored one goal each, in what was the big­gest score of the round by far. Sport­ing Khalsa surged into a 7-0 lead at Stone Old

Al­ley­ni­ans with three goals from Rico Tay­lor, two from Lee Chilton and one each from Dan West­wood and Dave Meese. The bat­tered home side pulled back three goals in the last four min­utes, from Dan Bolton, Jack Tom­lin­son and Sam Wil­son, the fi­nal score be­ing 7-3 to the vis­i­tors. Sal­tash United saw off vis­i­tors Axmin­ster Town 6-0 with two goals from Dave Trott, in­clud­ing a penalty, and one each from Richard Mad­di­son, Henry Wil­son, Sam Hughes and Dave Barker.

Lordswood also won 6-0, at St Fran­cis Rangers, with dou­bles for Ricky Gundry and Caine Smith and a goal each for Jack Ma­hon and Michael Fre­iter, while

Ashington’s Chan­non North scored a hat-trick in their 6-2 home win over

Crook Town. Jack But­ler, Sam Nor­ris and Ben Richard­son also net­ted.

AFC Uckfield Town saw off vis­i­tors South­wick 5-0 with two goals from Cal­lum Smith and one apiece from

Bailo Ca­mara, Re­gan Smith and Matt Black.

Two goals by Matty Crookes and one each from Jospeph Boachie, Joe Jackson and Con­nor Smith earned Lough­bor­ough Univer­sity a 5-0 vic­tory at Arnold Town – the same score as Wins­ford United reg­is­tered over Work­sop Town thanks to a Peter Watling hat-trick, and Sheer­wa­ter’s maul­ing of Chess­ing­ton & Hook United with Shane Ride­out’s brace com­ple­mented by goals from Chris Machay, Rob­bie Wil­son and Luke Tay­lor. Two goals apiece for Dan Brad­shaw and Rob Den­ness and a penalty con­ver­sion by Ian Bat­ten helped Shep­pey United come from be­hind to oust Seaford Town 5-3, while Chatham Town beat

Cam­ber­ley Town 5-1 thanks to two goals from Paul Vines and one each from Tay­lor McDon­agh, Jon Pil­beam and Louis Clarke.

Oller­ton Town held vis­i­tors Long Ea­ton United to 1-1 at 90 min­utes, but could do lit­tle about an ex­tra-time goal on­slaught which saw the Mid­land Premier side win 5-1 with Zak Good­son’s brace and one each from Ash­ley Grayson, Henry Best­wick and Fabian Smith.

Two goals each from James Rothel and Luke Robin­son helped Thack­ley beat vis­i­tors Carlisle City 5-2, while AFC Croy­don Ath­letic came back from 2-0 down to draw 2-2 with Lin­field and win 5-2 af­ter ex­tra-time.

Sand­bach United won 4-0 at Ather­ton LR with Ryan All­cock, Kieran Garn­erK­nap­per, Wil­liam Buck­ley and James Kirby on tar­get, while Bar­ton Town also won 4-0, against Ash­ton Town. Lither­land REMYCA re­turned from Bacup Bor­ough with a 4-1 win thanks to goals from Colin Quirk, Jack Mur­phy, Ash­ton Cle­ments and Warren Jevons and Wal­sham-leWil­lows went down 4-1 at home to Deep­ing Rangers who scored through Scott Mooney, Luke An­der­sen, Cameron John­son and sub­sti­tute Harry All­cock.

Hosts Wick beat their near name­sake Hack­ney

Wick 4-2 thanks largely to a brace from Jack Cole, while

Lit­tle Oak­ley be­came gi­antkillers when they beat vis­i­tors Hadleigh United 1-0 with a Greg Rodger goal. Peace­haven & Telscombe beat vis­i­tors Shore­ham 3-1 with two goals from Mar­cus Rich­mond and one from Tyler Scrafton, while FC

Clac­ton won 3-2 af­ter ex­tra­time at Hod­des­don Town thanks to a 95th-minute goal from Matt Eve adding to Jake Plane and Harry McDon­ald’s ear­lier strikes.

PIC­TURE: Andy Fitzsi­mons

FIVE STAR: Shane Ride­out scores for Sheer­wa­ter in their 5-0 win at Chess­ing­ton & Hook

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.