The Non-League Football Paper - - NPL WEST & NPL EAST - By Remy Cabache


MARSKE United kept hold of sec­ond place thanks to a 4-0 win over Lough­bor­ough Dy­namo.

Marske took the lead in the 31st minute thanks to a Craig Gott penalty.

They added a sec­ond goal three min­utes later when Adam Wheat­ley scored from close range.

The game got no bet­ter for Dy­namo in the sec­ond half as United made it 3-0 thanks to Josh Row­botham flick­ing home a deep Cal­lum Martin cor­ner.

Just three min­utes later United added yet an­other goal, Gott set up Matty Wa­ters who fizzed a low shot from 20 yards out into the bot­tom cor­ner to seal a 4-0 win. Brig­house Town en­sured they stayed tied with Marske United on 25 points af­ter beat­ing

Belper Town 2-0 at home.

Ten min­utes in, Aaron Martin headed home a Gabby John­son cross af­ter Belper failed to clear a free kick, put­ting Brig­house up 1-0.

Af­ter the goal Belper were able to find their foot­ing and set­tle into the game, but they were un­able to cre­ate a clear chance.

Town’s fail­ure to cre­ate a chance left them trail­ing at the break.

That cost them when in the 57th minute Mo­hammed Ibrahim crossed to Thomas Robin­son who headed the ball across the goal to John­son who nod­ded it into the top cor­ner.

Also near the top of the ta­ble, Pon­te­fract Col­lieries dis­patched of bot­tom of the ta­ble Cleethor­pes Town with a 3-0 win.

Michael Dunn opened the scor­ing in the third minute af­ter a mazy run to give Pon­te­fract the early lead.

Ponte should’ve added an­other af­ter eight min­utes, as Dunn some­how shot over from six yards out fol­low­ing an ex­cel­lent Dy­lan Parkin save.

The Col­lieries dou­bled their lead 12 min­utes later when Eli Hey slot­ted home the re­bound from Dunn’s shot.

Town thought they had got­ten a goal back through Jon Oglesby, but he was flagged off­side, leav­ing Cleethor­pes 2-0 down at halfway.

Ponte added to their lead seven min­utes into the sec­ond half to make it 3-0, this time af­ter Jake Pic­ton steered a Glyn Cot­ton free kick home from six yards out, which would be enough to seal their sixth win of the sea­son. Pick­er­ing Town’s last gasp 2-1 win over

Carl­ton Town saw them climb leapfrog Wis­bech Town into 18th place.

Through the first half an hour at Cal­ton Town’s game against Pick­er­ing Town it was Carl­ton who had the best chances.

Pick­er­ing keeper Char­lie An­drew twice pro­duced fine saves to keep the hosts out, no­tably a fin­ger tip save af­ter just four min­utes.

An­drew’s saves proved to be the high­lights of the first half as each team bat­tled the wind and bob­bly pitch.

Pick­er­ing Town were able to break through in the 51st minute when Billy Lo­gan burst through Carl­ton’s de­fence and fin­ished into the bot­tom cor­ner.

In the 75th minute Joe Broth­well equalised for the home side af­ter Pick­er­ing failed to deal with a long throw in.

How­ever, with ba­si­cally the fi­nal kick of the ball in the 93rd minute, Joe Danby scored a won­der free kick from 25-yards to seal the win for Pick­er­ing.

In this bot­tom-half of the ta­ble clash be­tween Stocks­bridge Park Steels and Wis­bech Town, Stocks­bridge claimed their fourth win of the sea­son with a fi­nal sec­ond 1-0 win.

Through­out, each team was able to cre­ate chances but were de­nied by the cross­bar or a goalline clear­ance sev­eral times.

Much of the sec­ond half passed with­out event, un­til the fi­nal sec­onds when Scott Ruthven won­der­fully set up Ben Rhodes .

Rhodes calmly scored the game’s only goal to lift Stocks­bridge up to 15th in the ta­ble.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.