Marine Har­vest South Di­vi­sion 1

The Oban Times - - Sport -

Glenorchy 4 Lochside Rovers 2

Lochside Rovers stay top of Marine Har­vest South Di­vi­sion 1 de­spite suf­fer­ing a 4-2 de­feat to Glenorchy at Mart Park.

Dun­can Smith put the home side ahead on 12 min­utes and James Liv­ingston dou­bled their ad­van­tage on 18 min­utes. A strike from Lewis Buchanan on the half-hour mark re­duced the deficit and it re­mained 2-1 un­til the break.

Donald Camp­bell drew Lochside level a cou­ple of min­utes into the sec­ond half.

And that’s the way it stayed un­til late in the game. How­ever, it was to be Glenorchy’s day as Dun­can Smith on 81 min­utes and Kieran McKay on 85 min­utes en­sured they would take both points.

Lochside stay a point ahead of Aber­dour, who were not in ac­tion, but they have played three matches more. The vic­tory was just Glenorchy’s sec­ond league suc­cess of the sea­son but gives them some­thing to build on in the weeks ahead.

Taynuilt 2 Oban Celtic 2

A last-minute goal meant Oban Celtic dropped their first point of the sea­son in a 2-2 draw with Taynuilt at the Taynuilt Sports Field.

Celtic went into the match on a de­cent run of form but they were with­out David MacInnes and Michael Mack­in­non through work com­mit­ments while in­jury ruled out Rory Bruce, Lee Askew and Ewan MacCorquo­dale.

Celtic opened the scor­ing af­ter 14 min­utes when Fraser MacMil­lan’s spec­u­la­tive shot could only be par­ried into the roof of the net by Taynuilt keeper Chris Parr.

Taynuilt were cer­tainly fired up for the game and they were fe­ro­cious in the tackle. They equalised through full cen­tre David Camp­bell who found the back of the net just a cou­ple of min­utes later

The tack­les con­tin­ued to fly in, which put the pret­tier shinty to one side, un­til Daniel Madej spun his marker, Stephen Parr, and he net­ted to put Celtic 2-1 ahead just two min­utes be­fore half time.

Celtic started the sec­ond half well but they strug­gled to beat an in­spired Chris Parr in the Taynuilt goal. Two saves with his ca­man par­tic­u­larly caught the eye.

Taynuilt, to their credit, never gave up and they al­ways had hope with Celtic un­able to kill off the game. The home side were re­warded on 90 min­utes when a Ryan Gil­lies through ball de­ceived ev­ery­one, in­clud­ing keeper Scott Moss­man in the Oban Celtic goal, to send the home sup­port into ju­bi­la­tion.

Oban Celtic man­ager Kenny Wother­spoon com­mented: ‘I didn’t say too much af­ter the game as our lads were clearly dis­ap­pointed with how the match went. Even if we had held on for the win, we would not have been happy with our per­for­mance so we will touch on this at train­ing and re­main pos­i­tive at the same time. We will re­mind our boys about com­mit­ment on and off the pitch and try to cut out some silly er­rors. Af­ter that we will for­get this game and fo­cus on pro­duc­ing a much higher stan­dard of shinty in the weeks ahead.’

In­ver­aray 2 Col Glen 2

The In­ver­aray sec­ond team and Col Glen drew 2-2 at the Win­ter­ton.

Neil Shaw scored twice for In­ver­aray, with a John MacKen­zie own goal and a Con­nor Kennedy ef­fort counting for Col Glen.

This was only In­ver­aray’s third point of the sea­son and they re­main bot­tom of the ta­ble. Col Glen stay in third spot, a point be­hind sec­ond place Aber­dour but they have played three games more.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.