Marine Har­vest South Di­vi­sion 1

The Oban Times - - Sport -

Lochside Rovers 6 Taynuilt 2

The fix­ture be­tween Taynuilt and Lochside Rovers was orig­i­nally sched­uled for Taynuilt Sports Field but was switched to Gana­van dur­ing the week.

And league lead­ers Lochside Rovers stay out in front af­ter run­ning out 6-2 win­ners.

Scott MacMil­lan was in the Lochside ranks and he opened the scor­ing on six min­utes.

For­mer Lochside player Liam Hig­gins drew Taynuilt level on the half-hour mark.

Scott MacMil­lan put the Oban side back in front with his sec­ond goal on 33 min­utes but again Liam Hig­gins equalised, this time just a minute later, and it re­mained 2-2 un­til the break.

The sec­ond half be­longed to Lochside and Scott MacMil­lan com­pleted his hat-trick on 48 min­utes.

Oban Saints foot­baller Don­ald Camp­bell wrapped up the Lochside vic­tory with a hat-trick thanks to goals on 70, 82 and 85 min­utes to make it 6-2.

Lochside stay a point clear of Ab­er­dour at the top of the ta­ble but they have played three games more.

Col Glen 0 Oban Celtic 5

Oban Celtic got back on their win­ning ways when they de­feat- ed Col Glen 5- 0 at Glen­daruel.

The Oban side trav­elled de­ter­mined to prove a point to manger Kenny Wother­spoon af­ter the dis­ap­point­ment a point dropped against Taynuilt the pre­vi­ous week.

Celtic started well and forced the Col Glen keeper into a num­ber of saves. They had a chance to take the lead on 14 min­utes when ref­eree Ewan Mac­Don­ald awarded them a penalty and Daniel Madej scored from the spot.

The vis­i­tors con­tin­ued to press and they dou­bled their lead four min­utes later when a through­ball from Kenny Wother­spoon was met by the ad­vanc­ing Fraser MacMil­lan who ri­fled a shot into the top right cor­ner of the net.

Celtic pretty much set­tled the tie four min­utes be­fore half-time when Fraser MacMil­lan grabbed his sec­ond to make it 3- 0.

Any chance Col Glen had of get­ting back into the game dis­ap­peared three min­utes af­ter the restart when Daniel MacMil­lan scored a fourth.

Celtic com­pleted the scor­ing on 52 min­utes when Daniel MacMil­lan grabbed his sec­ond to make it 5- 0.

Col Glen stuck at it but they could find no way through the Celtic back four of Andy Mac­Don­ald, Ally McKer­racher, Lewis McPhee and David Hill.

The fi­nal out­come was Col Glen’s big­gest home de­feat of the sea­son and Oban Celtic now climb above them into third spot in the league and they have games in hand on the two teams above them.

Af­ter the match, Oban Celtic man­ager Kenny Wother­spoon said: ‘I was de­lighted with the re­sponse I got from the lads to­day.

‘Ev­ery­one per­formed to the level I ex­pect. It’s an­other game played and two more points on the board. We will just keep work­ing to­wards our tar­get for the sea­son.’

Ab­er­dour 2 Glenorchy 1

Ab­er­dour came from be­hind to beat Glenorchy 2-1 at Sliver Sands.

Ab­er­dour went a man down early in the game when Fin­lay Wil­liamson was sent off by ref­eree David Mitchell for a late swing at Dun­can Smith.

Dun­can Smith proved to be both saint and sin­ner for Glenorchy. He gave them the lead on 15 min­utes when he slot­ted the ball home.

But an An­gus Thor­burn vol­ley made it 1-1 a cou­ple of min­utes later.

Ab­er­dour weren’t play­ing like a team a player short and David MacKen­zie passed up a cou­ple of chances to put them in front.

Ab­er­dour took the lead a minute into the sec­ond half when Jack Mitchell thumped the ball high into the net with what proved to be the win­ning goal.

The match turned into a tousy af­fair and, with five min­utes re­main­ing, there was more pa­per­work for ref­eree David Mitchell af­ter he sent off Glenorchy scorer Dun­can Smith who will miss this Satur­day’s league meet­ing with Oban Celtic. Throw-up is at 1pm.

Kyles Ath­letic 3 In­ver­aray 4

The re­serve derby meet­ing be­tween Kyles Ath­letic and In­ver­aray was a noon throw-up and the home side won it by the odd goal in seven at Tighnabru­aich.

Lewis Mont­gomery gave the vis­i­tors a 10 minute lead and he got his and In­ver­aray’s sec­ond on 40 min­utes.

Kyles were never out of it though and Martin MacFadyen made it 2-1 a cou­ple of min­utes be­fore the break.

Ken­neth Kirkhope made it 3-1 on 47 min­utes but, just 60 sec­onds later, Kyle Mc­martin was on tar­get to make it 3-2.

Ken­neth Kirkhope got his sec­ond on 78 min­utes to give In­ver­aray some breath­ing space. And they needed it as Martin MacFadyen got his sec­ond a cou­ple of min­utes from time to make it 4-3.

This was the In­ver­aray re­serves first league win of the sea­son.

They re­main bot­tom of the ta­ble but now only trail Glenorchy and the Kyles re­serves on goal dif­fer­ence.

Photo: Don­ald Cameron

Caber­feidh’s Martin Mac­Don­ald and Scott Dou­glas from Strath­glass swing at the same time dur­ing last week­end’s Bal­liemore Cup semi-fi­nal. Caber­feidh won 3-1.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.