Camping can make anyone feel like a kid again, and it's a great chance to do those things you haven't done in years – together as a family or alone. Here are some of our favourite camping activities:
1. Playing games – Take along a deck of cards, some paper and/or some board games. It’s like the good old days, with everyone gathered together and doing the same thing – without the television and other electronic devices.
2. Walking – Pick your pace, whether it is power-walking or leisurely strolls along the scenic, twisty roads that typically wind through the campground areas. Whether you’re just leisurely walking or enjoying a day of hiking, make sure you pack some comfortable walking shoes. 3. Singing songs around the campfire – With or without the guitar. Adults and kids alike will enjoy singing all their favourite songs around the fire.
4. Bike riding – There are plenty of bike paths and paved roads with shoulders that are just perfect for a leisurely bike ride at most campgrounds these days. Remember to take your bikes. 5. Swimming – Whether you’re headed to the nearby lake, swimming hole or campground swimming pool, don’t forget the swimsuit.
6. Boating – Many campgrounds have very nice lochs, streams (or even oceans) nearby. If so, consider renting a boat for the afternoon. 7. Canoeing or kayaking – You could rent a canoe or a kayak for a little bit of exercise and excitement on the water.
8. Sightseeing – If you get the opportunity to visit the nearest town (for a day or an hour), do it! Take the time to be a carefree tourist with no cares or worries for a unique change of pace. 9. Dog days – Don’t overlook the big fun that can be had by taking your dog along on the trip! Just like kids, active pets will help you to experience camping on a whole new level. 10. Photographing – Do not miss the opportunity to photograph your time spent in the great outdoors. You might even make a day of it photographing nature as you see it.