Temporary bus shelter at health centre
A FORT WILLIAM bus shelter that was knocked down last July after it was hit by a bus is to be replaced this week.
A meeting between property owners Bidwells and NHS Highland took place last week to discuss a permanent replacement bus shelter.
Following the meeting, both parties confirmed a temporary shelter will be erected this week, with talks about a new permanent one ongoing.
A spokesperson for managing agents Bidwells said: ‘ We have contracted a local joiner to erect a temporary bus shelter at the health centre and this should be in place sometime this week.
‘ We are currently in the process of negotiating with the insurers and bus shelter suppliers to secure a permanent replacement.
‘ We realise this has caused some inconvenience to bus passengers but we are working hard to resolve this.’ NHS Highland said: ‘ We have been in discussions with Bidwells and a temporary shelter will be put in place this week.
‘Discussions to secure a permanent replacement bus shelter are ongoing. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.’
As reported in The Oban Times on January 12 the community was frustated that nothing had been done about the bus shelter for months after it was knocked down.
Former community councillor Mary Bruce is also frustrated a new shelter has still not been put in place.
She told The Oban Times: ‘Someone just needs to get it fixed because if this had happened at Raigmore a new one would be up tomorrow.
‘Things just get left lying here though. Let’s just do something and argue about it later.’