THE awards ceremony for an annual school safety competition to raise awareness of carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning has taken place at the Palace of Westminster.
The competition was launched in January by the companies which are responsible for running the gas networks across Great Britain.
The winners and their guests were given a tour of the House of Commons in the Palace of Westminster before receiving their prizes at a special ceremony hosted by Barry Sheerman, MP, who co- chairs the all-party parliamentary carbon monoxide group.
Each winner receives a cash prize for themselves and for their school/organisation.
Alex Geddes receives her award.