Ask The Ex­perts

My em­ployer keeps get­ting my wages wrong and is not rec­ti­fy­ing the probIs there any­thing

The Peterborough Evening Telegraph - - Business -

AYou should have a writ­ten State­ment of your Terms and Con­di­tions of Em­ploy­ment. Such a state­ment is usu­ally in­cor­po­rated into a Con­tract of Em­ploy­ment. This doc­u­ment should set out how you are to be paid, i.e. the amount and fre­quency of such pay­ment. This would in­clude not only ref­er­ence to ba­sic pay but also ad­di­tional amounts such as over­time and com­mis­sion pay­ments.

If you believe your wages have not been paid prop­erly this is some­thing you should bring up with your Man­ager or Pay­roll Depart­ment. It may well be a gen­uine mis­take has been made. If this is the case your em­ployer should pay any short­fall im­me­di­ately. If yourem­ploy­er­does­no­tac­cept that there was a short­fall you should raise this as a for­mal Griev­ance with man­age­ment.

If the mat­ter is still not then re­solved you may bring a Claim in the Small Claims Court. You can do this whilst re­main­ing an em­ployee.

If your em­ploy­ment has been ter­mi­nated ei­ther be­causey­ouhave­beendis­missed or be­cause you have re­signed, you can bring a Claim for Un­law­ful De­duc­tion of Wages in the Em­ploy­ment Tri­bunal.

ToT speakk t to Ti Tim Th Thomp­son aboutb t any as­pect of Em­ploy­ment Law call 01733 295 606 or email tim. thomp­son@he­

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.