De­sign agen­cy­names key ap­point­ments

Con­sul­tancy looks to fu­ture growth

The Peterborough Evening Telegraph - - Business - By Paul Grin­nell paul.grin­ Twit­ter: @PTPaulGrin­nell

An en­gi­neer­ing and de­sign con­sul­tancy in Peter­bor­ough has an­nounced two key ap­point­ments as it looks to grow. Sweco, which has of­fices in Stu­art House, in St John’s Street, has named the new lead­ers for its en­vi­ron­ment and en­ergy units.

Theengi­neer­ing, en­vi­ron­men­tand­de­sign­con­sul­tancy has ap­pointed Jen Hamil­ton to lead its en­vi­ron­ment unit and Andy King to head up the en­ergy unit.

Both are di­rec­tors and have been with the con­sul­tancy for 10 and five years re­spec­tively.

Sweco’s UK man­ag­ing di­rec­tor, Max Joy, said: “We’re very pleased to in­tro­duce Jen andAndy­on­tothe­lead­er­ship team.

“They are both highly ca- pable in­di­vid­u­als and great lead­ers, who have proven them­selves to be­as­sets to our busi­ness.

He added: “We look for­ward to them help­ing de­liver our strate­gic growth plan.

The pro­mo­tions mark a pe­riod of suc­cess­ful in­te­gra­tion since Sweco launched in the UK about eight months ago.

A. More and more cou­ples are choos­ing to co­habit and raise a fam­ily with­out get­ting mar­ried, so it is there­fore a very top­i­cal question.

Thereis nospe­cific leg­is­la­tion gov­ern­ing the sep­a­ra­tion of co­hab­it­ing cou­ples, un­like di­vorce.

What hap­pens upon sep­a­ra­tion will de­pend upon what the par­ties’ par­tic­u­lar cir­cum­stances are and what they can agree. If, for ex­am­ple, the house is owned in joint names and each party has con­trib­uted equally, it is more likely that equity will be di­vided equally. If how­ever the house is owned in the sole name of one party, this does not nec­es­sar­ily mean that the other party walks away with noth­ing. If con­tri­bu­tions have been made towards the mort­gage, bills etc. it may be that that party has an in­ter­est in the prop­erty. Al­though it is never nice to an­tic­i­pate the end of a re­la­tion­ship, there is a doc­u­ment called a Co­hab­i­ta­tion Agree­ment which can be drawn up ei­ther prior to or dur­ing co­hab­i­ta­tion.

This doc­u­ment is es­sen­tially an agree­ment be­tween both par­ties and sets out each party’s rights and re­spon­si­bil­i­ties and their obli­ga­tions if the re­la­tion­ship were to break­down.

Sweco’s newap­point­ments Andy King and Jen Hamil­ton.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.