Wat­ford cruise past Ter­ri­ers who lack any sort of bite

Wales On Sunday - - SPORT ON SUNDAY -

ROBERTO Pereyra scored a fine solo goal to kick-start Wat­ford’s dom­i­nant 3-0 home vic­tory over Hud­der­s­field, who sank to the bot­tom of the ta­ble. The for­mer Ju­ven­tus winger (pic

tured) drib­bled past the en­tire Ter­ri­ers de­fence to open the scor­ing af­ter 10 min­utes, not long be­fore Ger­ard Deulofeu steered a fine fin­ish across Jonas Lossl to dou­ble the hosts’ lead.

Isaac Suc­cess was well-placed to bun­dle the ball over the line af­ter Wat­ford pro­duced a clever free-kick rou­tine late on.

Cal­lum Wil­son heaped more woe on strug­gling Ful­ham with a dou­ble at Craven Cot­tage as Bournemouth ran out 3-0 win­ners.

The Cher­ries striker con­verted an early penalty af­ter be­ing brought down by Ti­mothy Fosu-Men­sah and, af­ter David Brooks made it 2-0 by shoot­ing through Ser­gio Rico’s legs in the 72nd minute, Ful­ham lost Kevin McDon­ald to a red card.

A fan­tas­tic through ball from Ryan Fraser al­lowed Wil­son to beat the goal­keeper at the near post, seal­ing a con­vinc­ing win.

Glenn Mur­ray’s 100th goal for Brighton boosted the Seag­ulls to a third-straight league win as Wolves went down 1-0 on the south coast.

Shane Duffy had fired Nuno Es­pir­ito Santo’s am­bi­tious side a warn­ing in the first half when head­ing against a post but it was vet­eran for­ward Mur­ray who set­tled the match in Brighton’s favour by fol­low­ing up Bruno’s miss, min­utes into the sec­ond half.

Else­where, Southamp­ton and New­cas­tle’s tooth­less runs con­tin­ued with a dire goal­less draw be­tween the clubs at St Mary’s.

Saints mid­fielder Mario Lem­ina en­joyed the best op­por­tu­nity, strik­ing a post with a flicked ef­fort in the first half.

In the late game at the King Power Sta­dium, vis­i­tors West Ham took a 30th-minute lead over Le­ices­ter through Fabian Bal­buena but just eight min­utes later the Ham­mers were re­duced to ten men.

Skip­per Mark Noble was shown a straight red card for a late tackle on Wil­fred Ndidi.

De­spite the man ad­van­tage the Foxes couldn’t find a way through a stub­born West Ham de­fence un­til Ndidi grabbed an equaliser in the 89th minute as they game ended in a 1-1 draw.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.