Smoke alarm re­minder af­ter bed­room fire

Windsor & Eton Express - - News / Public Notices -

SLOUGH: A bed­room fire in Slough was ex­tin­guished by fire­fight­ers on Tues­day.

The blaze started at a house in Beres­ford Av­enue as a re­sult of can­dles, in­cense burn­ers or joss sticks.

The oc­cu­pants of the prop­erty did not have a smoke alarm and were alerted to the fire by the smell of burn­ing.

They evac­u­ated the house be­fore call­ing the emer­gency ser­vices at about 11.20am.

A crew from Langley, Slough and Ger­rards Cross at­tended the scene and used a hose reel to ex­tin­guish the flames.

The fire left a bed dam­aged be­yond use and the whole of the first floor heav­ily smoke-logged.

The crew were there for just over an hour.

Watch man­ager Andy Gib­bons at Langley Fire Sta­tion said all prop­er­ties should be cov­ered by a smoke de­tec­tor.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.