SWEETCORN AND COURGETTE FRITTERS WITH A POACHED EGG
cals 476 | sat fat 5.4g | sugar 16.1g | serves 3
200g frozen sweetcorn, cooked • 3 onions, sliced and caramelised • handful of chives and parsley, chopped • 120g gluten-free flour • 1 tsp psyllium husk powder • 1½ tbsp baking powder • 5 eggs • 150ml coconut drinking milk • 2 courgettes • 1 tsp coconut oil
1. Blitz half of the corn in a food processor. Mix in the rest, plus the onions and herbs. Season.
2. Sieve the flour, psyllium husk powder and baking powder into a bowl. Combine 2 egg yolks, the coconut milk and 150ml water. Beat into the flour, then blend.
3. Whisk 2 egg whites until stiff and fold into the batter. Let it rest and thicken – you want the consistency of softly whipped double cream. Then fold into the sweetcorn mix.
4. Spiralise the courgettes. Heat the coconut oil in a frying pan on a medium heat, then pour it out to leave a residue. Put a metal biscuit mould in the pan and add a layer of courgette. Cover, cook for 2 minutes, spoon over some batter then cook for 2 more minutes.
5. Remove the mould with tongs. Cook for 2 minutes on each side. Set aside and make another 5.
6. Allow 2 fritters per person, top with a poached egg and serve with salad if you’re feeling virtuous.