CHICKEN, SWEETCORN, TOMATO AND RED ONION TART
cals 435 | sat fat 13.8g | sugar 6.4g | serves 6
215g gluten-free flour • 10g ground flaxseeds • 140g goat’s butter, chopped • 6 tomatoes, quartered • 4 garlic cloves • 2 red onions, sliced and caramelised in 1 tsp coconut oil • 200g roast chicken • 2 corn cobs, kernels sliced off and steamed
1. In a processer, blitz the flour, flaxseeds and butter with some seasoning. Add 6 tbsp iced water and whizz to make a soft dough.
2. Turn out on to a floured surface and bring together with your fingertips. Wrap in cling film and rest in the fridge for 30 minutes.
3. Roast the tomatoes and garlic in an oven at 170°C for 20 minutes. Reduce the heat to 150°C and roast for 40 minutes. Remove the garlic before it dries out.
4. Roll out the pastry into 6 rounds ½cm thick. Place in 6 mini tart tins, then chill for 30 minutes.
5. Blind bake the tarts with baking beans for 8 minutes at 200°C, remove the beans, then bake for 8 minutes, or until pale brown and cooked through.
6. Top each tart with tomatoes, caramelised onion, chicken and corn, and bake for 10 minutes at 180°C. For some tasty-ass sides, serve with sweet potato fries and a green salad. Nailed it.