SALMON AND QUINOA FRITTERS
cals 637 | sat fat 8g | sugar 6.2g | serves 1
130g salmon fillet • 1 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for frying • 25g quinoa, cooked • 3 parsley sprigs, chopped • 1 spring onion, sliced • 1 tsp mayonnaise • 1 tsp mustard • pinch of smoked paprika • squeeze of lemon • 1 egg For the salad: 1 beetroot, cooked and sliced • ¼ cucumber, sliced • handful of watercress • squeeze of lemon
1. Preheat the oven to 170°C. Drizzle the salmon with olive oil, season, then roast for
8 mins. Remove from the oven and flake with a fork.
2. Combine the salad ingredients in a bowl, mix well and season.
3. In another bowl, combine the salmon, quinoa, parsley, spring onion, mayo, mustard, paprika and lemon juice, then season.
4. In a third bowl (apologies, dishwasher), whisk the egg and add 2 tsp to the salmon mixture.
5. Get your hands dirty to mould the mixture into 5cm fritters. You should be able to make four.
6. Heat a little olive oil in a frying pan and fry the fritters on each side until golden. Dish up with the salad and dig in.