SCULPT A KILLER BODY LIKE MOLLIE’S
There’s no heavy lifting required in Ms King’s fit-body regime. Her resistance workout uses zero added weight but gets maximum results. Start with 15 minutes of skipping to warm up the body, then do the circuit all the way through, rest for one minute and
Tyrone Brennand (@bethefittest) Personal trainer, yoga instructor and founder of personal training agency Be The Fittest (bethefittest.co.uk)
5. PLANK PRESS-UP Do: 10 reps per arm Targets: Abs, deltoids (a) Start in a forearm plank with your core engaged. Lift your right hand and place the palm on the floor, then repeat with the left to end in a high plank. (b) Reverse the movement to return to your starting forearm plank position. Try to keep your hips still throughout the exercise.
1. WIDE SUMO SQUAT Do: 15 reps Targets: Glutes, quads (a) Stand with your feet wider than hip-width apart, toes slightly turned out, then squat low, ass to grass, with your heels on the floor and back straight. (b) Press through your heels back to standing, squeezing your glutes at the top of the move. Go fast enough to keep your heart rate up. 6. LYING DOWN LEG RAISE Do: 15 reps Targets: Hips, core (a) Lie on your back with your hands under your glutes to maintain the natural curve of the spine. Lift your legs to the ceiling, toes pointed. (b) Slowly lower your legs, keeping them straight, and stop at the point when your back starts to arch. That’s one done. Now repeat. 2. PRESS-UP Do: 10 reps Targets: Triceps, pecs (a) Assume a high plank with your hands wider than your shoulders. Keeping your bum and abs engaged, bend your elbows, keeping them tucked into your sides as you lower. (b) Push the floor away with your hands to go back to the top of the movement. That’s going to hurt tomorrow.
7. GLUTE KICKBACK AND PULSE Do: 20 reps per leg Targets: Glutes, hamstrings (a) Get on your hands and knees, keeping your back flat. Extend your right leg back, with the knee bent and sole of the foot facing upwards. (b) Pulse the leg up and down 10 times, then return the leg to the starting position and repeat on the other side. 3. CRUNCH Do: 20 reps Targets: Core, abs (a) Lie flat on your back with your knees bent, feet flat on the ground and hands either side of your head. Push the small of your back into the floor to isolate your abs. (b) Roll your shoulders about 10cm off the floor, contracting your abs. Hold for a breath and gently lower to the starting position. 8. TRICEP DIP Do: 15 reps Targets: Triceps, biceps (a) Sit on the edge of a bench or step with your legs out straight and feet on the floor. Grip the edge and scoot forward until your bum is in front of the seat. (b) Bend your elbows and lower your hips until your upper arms are parallel to the floor, then push back up and go again.
4. SQUAT JUMP Do: 15 reps Targets: Cardio, glutes, hamstrings, quads (a) Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart, arms at your sides, then squat until your knees are bent at a 90° angle. (b) Swing your arms overhead and jump as high as you can, landing gently with bent knees and sinking back into a squat to go again.
9. SIT-UP AND TWIST Do: 20 reps Targets: Core, obliques (a) Lie on your back and put your hands either side of your head. Breathe in and engage your core. (b) Slowly lift your upper body off the floor, extend your left arm and twist through your torso to touch the floor next to your right leg. Untwist and repeat on the other side.