Sweet Potato and Tuna Fishcakes
cals fat carbs protein serves 515 20g 59g 21.2g 4
PROTEIN-RICH • HIGH IN OMEGA-3 • DAIRY-FREE INGREDIENTS 560g sweet potato, cut into 1.5cm cubes • 1 spring onion, thinly sliced
• handful of fresh coriander, roughly chopped • 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds • 125g tinned tuna, drained • 1½ tbsp olive oil • 4 pitta breads, toasted • 50g baby spinach leaves • 1 lemon, quartered, to serve
For the hummus: 400g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed • 1 garlic clove, crushed • ½ tsp dried chilli flakes • 2 tsp ground cumin •
1 tbsp lemon juice • 1½ tbsp olive oil • 60ml water
1. Put the sweet potato in a microwaveproof bowl (no explosions on our watch) and cover. Heat for 6 mins or until very tender, stirring every 2 mins.
2. Add the spring onion, coriander and pumpkin seeds, season, then mix well, mashing some of the potato. Flake through the tuna and stir.
3. Now it’s time to roll up your sleeves. Shape the mixture into 8 fishcakes and arrange them on an oven tray. Refrigerate for 20 mins.
4. Meanwhile, to make the hummus, combine the chickpeas, garlic, chilli flakes, cumin, lemon juice and oil in a food processor and blitz until smooth. While you’re blending, gradually add the water until it’s all mixed in and then season to taste. Serve the hummus with a little extra cumin, if you like.
5. Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and cook the fishcakes in batches for 4 mins on each side or until golden brown.
6. Serve with hummus, pitta bread, spinach leaves and lemon wedges.