Transfers, airport shuttle, car rental, taxis, buses, rail
Public Transportation – By Train
• BART Rapid Rail: It serves directly northern San Mateo County, San Francisco, and the East Bay. The SFO BART Station is at the International Terminal’s Departures/Ticketing level – at Boarding Area G side. (If arriving at either Terminals 1, 2 or 3 – take the free inter-terminal AirTrain to Garage G/ Bart Station stop.)
• BART tickets can be purchased at the SFO BART Station – or in advance (but can only be redeemed at SF Information booth located in the International Terminal G-side, near the AirTrain escalator, during hours 8:30am-10:30pm daily). BART offers connection to Caltrain at Millbrae Station; however, before 9:05pm on weekdays, passengers must change BART trains at BART’s San Bruno station. Buy BART vouchers in advance – open: http://arestravel.com/attraction/single/7401/199. Bouchers can only be redeemed at SFO’s Info booth at International Terminal’s G-side, near AirTrain escalator, between 8:30am & 10:30pm daily. (tel. +1-510-465-2278 or visit: bart.gov) •
Caltrain Commuter Rail: BART connects the Airport to the Caltrain rail system at Milbrae Station – with Caltrain connections there to either San Francisco or San Jose. Caltrain also offers weekday commuter-hour service to Gilroy; however, before 9:05 pm on weekdays passengers must change BART trains at its San Bruno station. Express trains during commuter hours on weekdays serve only select stations.
Public Transportation – By Bus
• SamTrans Public Buses: Offer 24-hour service between SFO and San Mateo County, as well as parts of San Francisco.
• Routes KX, 292 & 397 & 398 stop directly at the terminals and run 24/7. Routes 292 & 397 also stop on North McDonnel Road at the Airport Business Center and West Field Road.
• Routes 140, 292 & 397 stop at the Rental Car Center and the United Airlines Maintenance Center.
• Route 399 is a 1-year pilot program, running up to Aug. 2018 – it runs during night time beween Daly City and C ourtyard A.
• SamTrans buses stop at:
– International Terminal 1: at level 1, Courtyard A, and at curbside next to
– Terminal 2: at Arrivals /Baggage Claim level, at center island next to
– Terminal 3: at Arrivals /Baggage Claim level, at curbside – adjacent to