LAW & DISORDER Gardiner
The following items are based on information provided by officials in law enforcement and the criminal justice system.
City of Kingston
• Drugs: Devin Mitchell, 44, and Jennifer Diehl, 42, both of East Chester Street, Kingston, were arrested by Kingston police on Wednesday in connection with an investigation into the illegal sale of pharmaceutical drugs and cocaine in the city. Mitchell was charged with criminal possession of a controlled substance (two counts), criminal contempt and aggravated family offense, all felonies. Diehl was charged with three counts of criminal sale of a controlled substance and three counts of criminal possession of a controlled substance, all felonies. The pair had a quantity of cocaine in their possession at the time of their arrests, police said. They were sent to the Ulster County Jail, where Mitchell was held in lieu of $50,000 bail and Diehl was held in lieu of $10,000 bail pending further court appearances.
• Burglary: A 12-year-old girl and a 13-year-old girl from Acra and a 12-yearold girl from Cairo were arrested between 5:30 and 8:30 p.m. Wednesday at state police barracks, 78R McLaren Road Ext., Cairo, and were each charged with one felony count of burglary (illegal entry with intent). A fourth juvenile, a 12-yearold Cairo girl, was arrested on the same charges at 4:26 p.m. Monday. All four, whose names were not provided by police because of their ages, were released with tickets for Greene County Family Court. According to Sr. Investigator Peter Kusminsky, the girls forced their way into a closed diner on county Route 23 in Acra, damaged the property and took some items.
• Assault: Robert T. Pugsley, 46, of Catskill, was arrested by state police at Catskill at 6:13 p.m. Wednesday at 1370 state Route 23B in the town of Catskill and was charged with felony assault after a fight. Pugsley was a released with a ticket for Catskill Town Court.
• Weapons/drugs: Anthony M. Vanriper, 33, and Paul N. Bathrick, 31, both of Wallkill, were arrested by
FROM PAGE 4
state police at Highland at 12:25 a.m. Thursday on state Route 208 in Gardiner. Vanriper was charged with four misdemeanor counts of criminal possession of a weapon and Bathrick was charged with criminal possession of a controlled substance. Both were released with tickets for Gardiner Town Court. Further information was unavailable.
• Contempt: Joseph Santillo, 50, of Middletown, was arrested by state police at Greenville at 5 p.m. Wednesday at 68 Sligo Lane, Greenville, and was charged with criminal contempt, a felony, having been accused of violating an order of protection. Santillo was sent to the Greene County Jail pending a court appearance. Further information was unavailable.
• Weapon: Micah G. Davis, 23, of Accord, was arrested by state police at Wawarsing at 3:10 p.m. Wednesday on state Route 213 in Marbletown and was charged with criminal possession of a weapon, a misdemeanor. Davis was released with a ticket for Marbletown Town Court.
• Grand larceny/tampering: Tony Wallace, 44, and David L. Newman, 45, both of Wallkill, were arrested by state police at Highland at 3 p.m. and 3:45 p.m., respectively, on Wednesday. Wallace, who was arrested at 471 New Hurley Road, and Newman, who was arrested at 163 Forrest Park, were each charged with the felonies of criminal mischief and grand larceny and with eight misdemeanor counts of criminal tampering. Wallace was sent to the Ulster County Jail in lieu of $10,000 bail and Newman was jailed in lieu of $25,000 bail pending further court appearances. Further information was unavailable.
• Contraband: Tyrell R. Griffin, 36, of the Bronx, was arrested by state police at Wawarsing at 3:22 p.m. Wednesday at the Ulster Correctional Facility, 750 Berme Road, Wawarsing, and was charged with felony possession of dangerous contraband in prison and with possession of a weapon with intent to use, a misdemeanor. Further information was unavailable.