LAW & DISORDER
The following items are based on information provided by officials in law enforcement and the criminal justice system.
• Drugs: Joseph A. Anselmo, 26, of Highland, was arrested by state police at Highland at 6:26 p.m. Friday on U.S. Route 44/ state Route 55 and was charged with misdemeanor drug possession along with unlawful possession of marijuana and possession of a controlled substance in a non original container, both violations. He was released with tickets for Lloyd Town Court.
• DWI: Patrick M. McGinness, 44, of Highland, was arrested by state police at Highland at 8:13 p.m. Friday on Main Street and was charged with drunken driving and driving with a blood alcohol content greater than 0.08 percent, both felonies. He was released with tickets for New Paltz Town Court.
• DWI: Patricia Zawistowski, 56, of Westminster, Md., was arrested by state police at Rhinebeck at 12:13 a.m. Saturday on U.S. Route 9 and was charged with misdemeanor drunken driving and refusing to take a breathalizer test, an infraction. She was released with tickets for Rhinebeck Town Court.
• Domestic violence: Arreese J. Quinlan, 35, of 132 Glasco Turnpike, was arrested Saturday and charged by Saugerties police with aggravated family offense, a felony, and misdemeanor assault as the result of an Oct. 14 domestic dispute. He was sent to Ulster County Jail in lieu of $20,000 bail pending a court appearance.
• Contempt: Alana M. Orr, 34, of 232 Ulster Ave., was arrested Saturday by Saugerties police and was charged with criminal contempt of a court order following a complaint of custodial interference filed by the Woodstock Day School after Orr allegedly showed up at the school in violation of an order of protection. She was arraigned in Saugerties Town Court. Further information was unavailable.