Town leaf collection set to begin Nov. 14
Fall leaf collection in the town will begin Nov. 14.
Leaves will be picked up if they are in biodegradable paper bags or in loose piles raked to the edge of the road. The bags are available for purchase at a cost of 40 cents each at the Ulster Town Clerk’s Office, by cash or check, or at the town of Ulster transfer station on Miron Lane, by check only.
Brush will not be picked up during leaf collection and should be stacked separately. Leaves must be at the road’s edge to be picked up.
Leaves will be picked up on the following dates:
• Nov. 14: City line-Wrentham Street to Lawrenceville Street.
• Nov. 17: Sunrise Park, Fox Run, Sunset Park and Forest Glen Park.
• Nov. 21: Town Hall Drive to Leggs Mill Road, U.S. Route 9W, Carle Terrace, Lake Road, Tuytenbridge Road, Katrine Lane, Potter Hill and Old Stage roads.
• Nov. 22: Brigham Lane, Doris Lane, Jeanette Lane, Halcyon Park, Ruby Meadows and Old Kings Highway.
• Nov. 23: Main Street in Ruby to the town line, Lena Lane, Church Street, Byrne Lane, South Road, Schneider Lane and Scheffel Lane.
• Nov. 28: Anita Court, Lem Boice Lane, Cherry Hill, Old Sawkill Road, Powells Lane, Sandy Road, Brabrant Road, Wiedy Road and Barbarossa Lane.
• Nov. 29: Skytop area, Bright Acres, Gallis Hill, Stickles Terrace, Hoyer Road and Jockey Hill Road.
• Dec. 1: Elmendorf Tract area, Flower Hill, Maxwell Place and Petticoat Lane.
• Dec. 2: Golf Terrace, Merilina Avenue, Catskill Avenue, Spring Lake Drive, Lake View Terrace, Hillside Terrace from Lake View to Miller’s Lane, Miller’s Lane, Sherry Lane and Dirk Lane.
• Dec. 5: Hillside Acres from Miller’s Lane to Lynette Boulevard.
• Dec. 8: Linderman Avenue Extension, Country Club Estates, Rockwell Lane and Terrace, Blacks Road and the Eddyville area.
• Dec. 12: Old Flatbush Road, East Kingston, Yale Court, Minuet Lane, Riverview Terrace, Hudson View, Whittier and Deer Run.
• Dec. 13: Glenerie area all roads north of Old Stage Road.
For more information, call the town Highway Department at (845) 338-0193 or visit www.townofulster.org.