IN THE MONEY
High bids at property auction total more than amount of unpaid taxes
KINGSTON, N.Y. » An auction on Tuesday of 25 city-owned properties drew high bids totaling about $253,000 more than the combined taxes owed on them.
The auction, in the Common Council chamber at City Hall, generated high bids totaling $821,214.76, according to Megan Weiss-Rowe, the city’s director of communications and community engagement.
In all, $567,969.69 in unpaid taxes was owed on the 25 foreclosed properties, which included some that have structures on them and some that are vacant lots.
Six properties drew no bids at the auction, which was the first of its kind this year.
All of the bids need approval by the Common Council in order for the bidders to purchase the properties.
••• The high bidders, property
addresses, bid amounts and property descriptions are as follows (listed in descending order of bid amounts).
• Kristin Thorne, 693 Broadway, $193,000, detached row building with garage and one apartment.
• Lillian Nazgihw, 458 Broadway, $167,000, attached row building.
• Steven James Cline, 20 Boulder Ave., $97,000, twofamily house.
• Mohammed Miah, 13 Prince St., $92,000, twofamily house.
• Mohammed Miah, 29 Grove St., $71,000, two-family house.
• Edwin Arias, 34 Smith Ave., $71,000, two-family house.
• David Linnard, 54 Gill St., $53,500, two-family house.
• Robert Ryan, 144 Pine
St., $32,664, professional building.
• Michael Simon, 36 Klingburg Ave., $10,250, vacant lot.
• Janet Kennedy, 99 Gage St., $8,000, vacant lot.
• Edwin Arias, 291-303 W. O’Reilly St., $5,000, vacant lot.
• Steven L. Burnham, 323-325 First Ave., $4,500, vacant lot.
• George Rogers, 30 Tompkins St., $3,000, vacant lot.
• Daniel Buboltz, 61 Klingburg Ave., $2,500, vacant lot.
• Tanya Garment, 255 Abeel St., $2,500, vacant lot.
• Tanya Garment, Mason Hill, $2,200, vacant lot.
• Tanya Garment, 64 Klingburg Ave., $2,000, vacant lot.
• Donald Mackenzie, 6266 Wilbur Ave., $2,000, vacant lot.
• Edwin Arias, 35-37 Hanratty St., $1,000, vacant lot.
Bidders participate in Tuesday's property auction, held in the Common Council chamber at Kingston City Hall.
This two-family house at 20 Boulder Ave. in Kingston drew a high bid of $97,000 at Tuesday’s auction.