Juvenile arrested after allegedly assaulting man with knife in West Chester West Chester
WEST CHESTER >> Police took one female juvenile into custody after she allegedly assaulted a man with a knife shortly after 2 p.m. Friday at the intersection of Everhart Street and Downingtown Pike.
Police said the man received a laceration and was taken to Paoli Hospital. The incident is currently under investigation.
The following police reports were released by state and local police.
• Police and West Chester fire departments responded to a fire in the rear of a residence in the 300 block of Barn Hill Road shortly after 1 a.m. Saturday.
According to police, the origin of the fire appeared to be suspicious. Police said that the West Chester fire departments extinguished the fire, and the state and county fire marshals were notified.
Police ask anyone with information relating to the incident to contact the West Chester Police Department at 610-436-1337.
• Jalyssa Kaplan, 28, of West Chester, was charged with DUI and careless driving after an investigation of a vehicle crash in the 100 block of East Washington Street shortly before 9 p.m. Oct. 12.
• Mickey Rayner, 34, of Coatesville, was charged with DUI on Oct. 9 after an officer administered field sobriety tests on the Route 30 Bypass.
• Damien Price, 27, of Birdsboro, was charged with receiving stolen property and fleeing or attempting to elude a police officer on Oct. 12, near the Route 202 exit at Paoli Pike. According to police, a patrol car equipped with an automated license plate reader detected a potentially stolen vehicle. When the officer attempted to pull over the vehicle, Price allegedly attempted to flee.
Police said Price later stopped near the Route 202 exit at Paoli Pike and was subsequently charged. Police also said he had three outstanding warrants from other jurisdictions.
• Kenneth Macelak, 31, of Pottstown, was charged with retail theft Oct. 13 after officers were called to the Boscov’s store for an alleged $74 theft.
• Jami Leps, 22, of Malvern, was arrested for DUI at Conestoga and Bacton Hill roads on Oct. 4.
• Rodney Pearson, 27, of Philadelphia, was arrested for DUI in the area of routes 202 and 401.
David John Veith, 49, of Exton, was charged with DUI after an officer conducted a traffic stop in the 1100 block of Pottstown Pike shortly after 2 a.m. Oct. 22.
Police reported a burglary took place in the 100 block of Hill Lane on Oct. 3 early in the morning. Police said an unidentified man entered a residence and took items totaling more than $2,600 before fleeing in an unknown direction.
Alex Zook, 20, of Lincoln University, was charged with DUI shortly after 1 a.m. Oct. 4 on New London Road at Southbank Road, police said.