Writing us a letter?
Letters to the editor from News-Times readers are encouraged. The editor reserves the right to condense letters as required by space limitations and to edit them before publication. Any letters deemed objectionable will not be printed. Letters must be signed by authors before being considered for publication.
• An address and phone number must be included for verification purposes.
• Letters must be addressed to the editor; open letters to other individuals or groups are not used.
• Letters must be 350 words or less.
• Poetry and form letters are not accepted.
• Anonymous letters or letters signed by a pseudonym are not accepted.
• No letters from nonresidents or copyrighted material will be accepted.
• Letters are limited to one letter per person, per month.
The contents of the Viewpoint page, including letters, columns and syndicated cartoons, do not reflect the views of the News-Times.
Questions about the contents of this page should be directed to Managing Editor at (870) 862-6611. Letters may be delivered to the News-Times in person, mailed or emailed. Letters mailed in should be addressed to: Letters to the Editor, 111 N. Madison, El Dorado, AR 71730. Letters emailed may be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.