Board, committee, and commission vacancies open
The Charles County Commissioners are seeking county residents to fill vacancies on several boards, committees, and commissions.
The governor’s newly formed Local Government Justice Reinvestment Commission is charged with advising the Justice Reinvestment Oversight Board, making recommendations regarding certain grants to local governments, and creating performance measures to assess the effectiveness of the grants made to local governments.
The Planning Commission is involved in drafting and implementing of the Comprehensive Plan, making recommendations on rezoning requests, and approving subdivision of property in the county. The deadline for applications is Saturday, Oct. 1.
Additional vacancies include:
• Adult Public Guardianship Review Board;
• Agricultural Land Preservation Advisory Board;
• Alarm Review Board;
• Animal Matters Hearing Board;
• Board of Social Services;
• Business Development Loan Fund for Women, Minorities, and Veterans;
• Economic Development Advisor y Board Newly
• Heritage Commission. Positions will remain open until filled. A separate application must be submitted for each vacancy. Applications and a detailed list of all current vacancies are available on the Charles County Government website at www.CharlesCountyMD.gov or by contacting Carol DeSoto, Commissioner Specialist, at 301-645-0691 or DesotoC@CharlesCountyMD.gov.