No common sense
The author of the letter “Come together under Trump and unite” (Maryland Independent March 10) states that President Trump’s immigration ban is just common sense. That is a quality that seems to be lacking in the Democratic Party.
After the 2008 election, the Democrats controlled the presidency and Congress. They lost the House of Representatives in 2010, the Senate in 2014, and the presidency in 2016. The Democrats also went from 28 state governors in 2009 to 18 in 2017. Even heavily Democrat-controlled Maryland now has a Republican governor. If Democrats had common sense, they would have realized that the voters weren’t buying what they were selling.
Is it common sense for the Democrats to accuse Russia of helping Trump get elected? Anyone with half a brain realizes that Putin would rather have a Democrat president who would continue President Obama’s policy of weakening the U.S. and its military, instead of Trump who intends to make America great again and build up our military.
Is it common sense for the Democrats to accuse Trump of racism and hating women? He is pro-life, and to pro-lifers all lives matter. Democrats support abortions of innocent babies, including baby girls who would grow up to be women.
Since most Republicans are pro-life and most Democrats are pro-abortion, most abortions are probably performed on Democratic women. If Democrats had common sense, they would realize that they are aborting future Democrat voters, who could help them win elections.
Is it common sense to support anti-Trump demonstrations that result in violence, vulgarity, flag-burning, blocking roads, rioting, looting, etc.? Don’t the Democrats realize that this alienates the people directly affected and discourages them from voting for Democrats?
People who aren’t directly involved, but who see the protest on TV or their computers are also alienated, especially those people who support the police. God bless the police — they have shown a considerable amount of restraint despite the abuse and disrespect shown to them by the demonstrators.
Is it common sense for Democrats to support the transgender “Bathroom Bill” to please less than 1 percent of the population and alienate the other 99 percent?
These are some examples of the Democrats lack of common sense. Perhaps you can add to the list. Robert Boudreaux, Waldorf