Wadhams Oil and Grease
Architect Alexander Eschweiler designed a series of these gas stations during the early 20th century that had simple walls but ornate pagoda-style roofs. More than 30 once graced the Milwaukee area, but most have been demolished or have fallen into disrepair. The most famous survivor (1647 S. 76th St.) has been restored, and there’s another specimen in downtown Cedarburg that’s enjoyed a second life as a jewelry store.
The Frank Seneca Service pagoda in downtown West Allis.