The Speed of Transformation: Preparing for the Value-Based Payment Models of Tomorrow – Now
“Before anything else, preparation is the key to success.”
This Alexander Graham Bell quote seems especially applicable to health care today. Huge economic and regulatory changes are transforming the health care industry in immutable ways, none of which are more transformational than the move toward value-based payment. Even though risk-based contracts still account for a small percentage of a hospital’s reimbursement structure, the market shifts are clear: It’s time to prepare for fee-for-value.
Download the white paper, “Preparing for the Payment Models of Tomorrow,” that examines how organizations can more quickly bear clinical and financial risk of patient care. Preparations should focus on effectively converting current clinical and financial models and supporting physicians through the coming changes. Specifically, this paper covers:
• The drivers of change—what is pushing the shift of risk from payers to providers?
• Risks vs. rewards—change is always risky, but the risk of focusing more on the status quo may cause an organization significant financial stress.
• Requirements and considerations in value-based contracting—how providers should approach remodeling care protocols, develop relationships with clinical and trading partners, and optimize information technology.
• Challenges of value-based contracting—what’s the right combination of people, process, and technology?
• Managing business and cultural change—modifying culture while improving business practices.
• Managing change with physicians—obtaining buy-in from those most closely associated with patients.
• Managing change among patients—finding what motivates patients to participate more in their own healthcare.
“Preparations should focus on effectively converting current clinical and financial models and supporting physicians through the coming changes.”
LEARN MORE 8