Names and faces

Northwest Arkansas Democrat-Gazette - - NEWS -

■ E! News an­chor Maria Me­nounos re­vealed she learned she had a brain tu­mor while car­ing for her mother, who has stage 4 brain cancer. Upon re­ceiv­ing the di­ag­no­sis, Me­nounos told Peo­ple mag­a­zine: “I didn’t cry. I ac­tu­ally laughed. It’s so sur­real and crazy and un­be­liev­able that my mom has a brain tu­mor — and now I have one too?” Her doctor re­moved 99.9 per­cent of the be­nign tu­mor last month on her 39th birth­day. She was at home re­cov­er­ing af­ter a six-day hospi­tal stay. The mag­a­zine also gave an up­date on Me­nounos’ mother, Litsa; the lat­est MRI re­vealed that her cancer is sta­ble. The E! En­ter­tain­ment Tele­vi­sion chan­nel on Mon­day an­nounced that Me­nounos will step down as co-an­chor of E! News. She joined the chan­nel in 2014 and had been co-an­chor since 2015. She also has worked for Ex­tra and Ac­cess Hol­ly­wood, and she com­peted on Dancing With the Stars. ■ Ac­tor Donal Logue is ask­ing for the pub­lic’s help in lo­cat­ing his teenage daugh­ter, who was last seen a week ago in New York City. The star of Fox’s Gotham wrote on Face­book that the “net had been flung far and wide” since 16-yearold Jade Logue dis­ap­peared. Logue said he has the New York Po­lice De­part­ment, the FBI and oth­ers in­volved. He asked that who­ever may be with Jade to “just drop her off.” He said she’ll be taken back “with hugs and no ques­tions asked.” Jade Logue was last seen in Brook­lyn on June 26. She is trans­gen­der and was pre­vi­ously known as Arlo Logue. New York City po­lice said Mon­day that they’ve found no signs of foul play and that they so far consider the teen a run­away. ■ Por­tuguese au­thor­i­ties have re­jected a tele­vi­sion pro­gram’s claims that one of the coun­try’s most cher­ished his­toric mon­u­ments was da­m­aged dur­ing the shoot­ing of a film by direc­tor and for­mer

Monty Python star Terry Gil­liam. The Gen­eral-Direc­torate for Her­itage said an in­ves­ti­ga­tion has found that the 12th-cen­tury Con­vent of Christ suf­fered only “in­signif­i­cant” dam­age dur­ing a re­cent location shoot for The Man Who Killed Don Quixote. The re­port pub­lished Mon­day said a pro­gram by pub­lic broad­caster RTP al­leg­ing wider dam­age “lacked rigor and re­vealed a lack of sci­en­tific knowl­edge.” Gil­liam has pre­vi­ously called the al­le­ga­tions “ig­no­rant non­sense.” The con­vent was a strong­hold of the Knights Tem­plar, a Chris­tian mil­i­tary or­der founded in 1119, and is clas­si­fied as a World Her­itage site by UNESCO.

Logue

Me­nounos

Gil­liam

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from USA

© PressReader. All rights reserved.