Halloween Treat Bags
Halloween has never been so cute. These bags are sure to get your little ghosts and goblins the treats they deserve.
SPECIFICATIONS Skill Level: Beginner Bag Size: 12" x 12", excluding handle and ears
Cat Bag MATERIALS
• 2"-diameter circle scrap orange
tonal • 1/2 yard black tonal • 1/2 yard Halloween print • 1 package craft-size batting
(34" x 45") or scraps • Black all-purpose thread • White and black size 8 pearl
cotton • 1/2 yard 3/8"-wide orange
Halloween ribbon • 1 (1") shank button, any color • 2 (11/8") white 4-hole buttons • 20" length black knit cord • Craft glue • No-fray solution • 121/2" paper square • Dinner plate • Embroidery needle • Basic sewing tools and supplies
1. Prepare ear template using pattern given. Cut as directed on pattern.
2. Make a bag pattern by folding and creasing the 121/2" paper square in half. Using a dinner plate, mark and trim the folded paper to make curved bottom corners as shown in Figure 1.
3. Use the bag pattern to cut a bag front and back from the black tonal and Halloween print and two batting pieces.
4. Cut two 31/2" squares and one 1"-diameter circle from batting.
COMPLETING THE CAT BAG
1. Pin the bag front to one batting piece; machine-baste 3/16" from the edge. Repeat with the bag back and remaining batting piece.
2. Transfer the whiskers and centerline from the Cat Face Positioning Pattern to the cat bag front.
3. Use an embroidery needle and 1 strand of white pearl cotton to sew long quilting stitches on the marked lines.
4. Place two ear pieces right sides together and pin to the batting ears; stitch all around, leaving bottom edge of ear open. Trim batting close to seam; clip off tip. Turn right side out and press flat. Repeat to make second ear.
5. Hand-stitch 1/4" from seam on each ear using white pearl cotton and referring to step 3.
6. Place the ears at the top of the cat bag front 3/4" from corners as shown in Figure 2; baste in place.