COMPLETING THE TOPPER
Backstitch at the beginning and end of the seams.
1. Arrange the prepared circles in four rows of four circles each, alternating back colors and making certain that the slashed side of each circle is next to another circle.
2. Place one each yellow and blue circle together with A sides facing out. Match drawn lines and pin.
3. Stitch on the drawn line next to opening, joining two circles as shown in Figure 5; press open, folding blue and yellow edges flat on top of A.
4. Continue joining circles, alternating the B fabrics, and pressing folded edges flat to form a row with four circles as shown in Figure 6.
5. Repeat steps 2–4 to complete a total of four rows.
6. Place two rows together with A fabric facing out and matching seams and drawn lines; pin. Stitch rows together being careful not to sew over the previously folded edges. Press folded edges flat.
7. Repeat step 6 to add the the remaining rows to complete piecing. Remove remaining marked lines.
8. Re-press all folded edges flat. 9. Stitch folded curves down 1/8" from the outer edges as shown in Figure 7. 10. Topstitch 1/8" around the outer edges as shown in Figure 8.
11. Sew a button to the intersection of the B pieces as shown in Figure 9 to finish, if desired.