Chrysler Pacifica is innovative, powerful, greener than ever
The 2017 Chrysler Pacifica offers a variety of new Uconnect services and features that benefit not only the driver, but also the entire family. From the all-new Uconnect Theater and the available 7-inch full-color driver information display to the easy-to-use 8.4-inch touchscreen and the acclaimed Uconnect Access services, the 2017 Chrysler Pacifica is the most technologically equipped vehicle of its kind.
Uconnect is transforming the passenger productivity and entertainment experience with the all-new, class-exclusive Uconnect Theater rear seat entertainment system. With Uconnect Theater, passengers can watch movies, play builtin games, connect personal devices to surf the Internet and stream content throughout the vehicle. To quickly navigate through options, passengers can swipe through the touchscreens or use the included Bluetooth touchpad remote control.
The one-of-a-kind Uconnect Theater includes:
• Screens: Two high-definition 10-inch touchscreens located on the back headrests of the front driver and passenger seats. Individual content can be displayed on each screen
• Wireless connectivity (late availability): Connect any enabled device and take advantage of easier and more responsible access to navigation, music and phone apps while you drive. The apps run on your personal smartphone, but you see them on the high-definition screens and hear the audio via the vehicle’s speakers
• Built-in apps and games: To help keep passengers entertained, Uconnect Theater offers several embedded apps and games via the 10-inch touchscreens, including math flash cards, checkers, bingo and tic tac toe. With the “Are We There Yet?” app, passengers can view the distance remaining to their destination and estimated arrival time
• Parental controls: The driver can mute, turn off and lock out content displayed on each screen
• Supported devices: Passengers can select from a variety of devices to connect to Uconnect Theater, including smartphones, tablets, MP3 players, Apple TV, BluRay/DVD, CD, gaming devices, e-readers, USB drives, laptops and digital cameras
• USB ports: A USB port located in the first row center stack can be used to play movies on the Uconnect Theater 10-inch screens. Additional ports in the second and third row also provide charging
• HDMI ports: HDMI ports are available in the second row to transfer, charge, control and shuffle between a connected device and the vehicle screens
• Remote controls: Two Bluetooth touchpad remote controls are included with the Uconnect Theater
• Headphones: Uconnect Theater comes equipped with two sets of digital wireless headphones
Safe driving habits can be promoted and driver distractions can be limited with the available KeySense programmable key fob. Using a four-digit security PIN programmed via the Uconnect 8.4-inch touchscreen, an assigned key fob places limits on speed and audio volume, mutes the audio when front seatbelts are not buckled, prevents the disabling of certain features like Forward Collision Warning-Plus and Park- Sense rear park assist and allows blocking of SiriusXM channels.
NEW DRIVER INFORMATION DISPLAY
The 2017 Chrysler Pacifica features an available 7-inch full-color driver information display (DID), which enables the driver to personalize the information displayed in the instrument cluster. The
display is designed to visually communicate information quickly and easily, using graphics and text.
The DID offers a wide range of customization options, from a basic digital speed read out to more detailed vehicle status information, such as tire pressure, fuel economy, audio, warning messages and turn-by-turn navigation. Operation of the DID is intuitive and clearly communicated to users with easy-to-understand icons and instructions.
Three Uconnect systems are offered on the all-new Chrysler Pacifica:
Uconnect 5.0 – Offers 5-inch touchscreen, integrated voice command and Bluetooth capability, handsfree calling and voice text reply, USB and aux capability, and a oneyear trial of SiriusXM All Access
Uconnect 8.4 – Offers a six-month trial subscription to Uconnect Access services, 8.4-inch touchscreen, USB and aux capability, integrated voice command and Bluetooth capability, SiriusXM All Access (including a 12-month subscription), and handsfree calling and voice text reply. Uconnect 8.4 offers customers the flexibility to purchase navigation after vehicle sale
Uconnect 8.4N – Offers full-feature navigation with one-step voice destination entry and 3-D landmarks, city models and terrains; a 12-month trial subscription to Uconnect Access services; 8.4-inch touchscreen; USB and aux capability; integrated voice command and Bluetooth capability; handsfree calling and voice text reply; SiriusXM All Access (including a 12-month subscription); and SiriusXM Travel Link and SiriusXM Traffic, both with a five-year subscription
The Uconnect 8.4 and 8.4N systems also include:
• Drag and Drop menu bar: FCA US vehicle owners now have the abil-
ity to personalize their touchscreen controls to fit their lifestyle and have one-button access to the features and services they value most. Drivers can simply drag their favorite feature or service icon from the apps menu and move them to their Uconnect system’s main menu bar
• Siri Eyes Free: Via the voice button on the steering wheel and compatible with an Apple iPhone 4s or later, with Siri Eyes Free, drivers can speak natural language voice commands to send text messages, play music, set reminders, place phone calls and access turn-by-turn directions
• Do Not Disturb: Vehicle owners who prefer not be interrupted with phone calls or text messages while driving can choose to turn on the “Do Not Disturb” and “Reply with Text Message” feature
• SiriusXM Tune Start: Customers can start songs from the beginning when switching between their favorite pre-set satellite radio channels
• Vehicle User Guide: Allows drivers to view their owner’s manual via the 8.4-inch touchscreen and use as a quick reference guide for vehicle information, including looking up icons that may appear in the cluster display. The Uconnect and powertrain portions of the application are dynamic and will only present VIN- and vehicle-specific information. The content also can be updated over-the-air so the owner information will remain current
A SUITE OF CONNECTED SERVICES
Uconnect Access offers a variety of services leveraged by a built-in data connection:
• Vehicle Finder: With a touch of a button, customers can view the location of their vehicle via map, satellite or hybrid views using the Vehicle Finder service on the Uconnect Access app. Once a view is chosen, a prompt menu will ask to “Find Route” or “Sound Horn.” When the Find Route icon is chosen, customers will be prompted to select a navigation ap-
plication to route via walk or drive
• Send ‘n Go: Located within the Uconnect Access app, the “Send Destination to Vehicle” service allows customers to send a location address directly to their Uconnect system’s large touchscreen and navigate with ease
• Remote lock, unlock and start: Drivers can remotely lock or unlock their doors and start their vehicle from virtually anywhere in the U.S. by using their smartphone or computer
• Monthly Vehicle Health Report: A monthly report is sent to customers’ email informing them about their vehicle’s performance status. Vehicle owners can review and monitor the status of key systems, including powertrain, oil and fluids, brakes, suspension and safety systems
• Vehicle Health Alert: Vehicle owners will immediately receive an email alert if one of the key powertrain, oil and fluids, brakes, suspension or safety systems requires attention. Once a warning light of one of these key systems appears in the vehicle dashboard, an alert will be sent immediately to the vehicle owner’s email account that explains what the warning light means, how the vehicle is affected and what action needs to be taken
• 9-1-1 and Assist Buttons: Located on the rearview mirror, drivers can get connected to emergency service providers, roadside assistance dispatchers and vehicle information specialists
• Theft Alarm Notification: Vehicle owners can choose to receive a text message notification any time the vehicle alarm is triggered
• Yelp Search: Drivers looking for popular locations nearby can use their voice to conduct a Yelp search
• Voice texting: With the voice texting service, drivers can use their voice to dictate a freeform text message and send the message with a Bluetooth MAP (Message Access Profile)-enabled device using cloudbased voice recognition
• Wi-Fi Hotspot: Vehicle owners can transform their vehicle into a Wi-Fi hotspot on-demand for a day, week or month so
passengers can check e-mail or browse news sites
• Uconnect Access via Mobile: With the included five-year trial, Uconnect Access Via Mobile enables vehicle owners to use their mobile phone’s data plan to stream and control popular Internet radio apps (Aha by Harman, iHeartRadio, Pandora and Slacker Radio) via their Uconnect system’s steering wheel controls and touchscreen
SIRIUSXM ALL ACCESS
For those all-new 2017 Chrysler Pacifica vehicles equipped with satellite radio, customers receive a one-year subscription to the SiriusXM All Access service, providing them with more than 150 channels of premium programming, including every NFL game, Howard Stern, every NASCAR race, Oprah Radio and MLB Network Radio, plus access to SiriusXM Radio on smartphone and other connected devices, as well as online at siriusxm. com.
PACKED WITH CONVENIENCE FEATURES
The 2017 Chrysler Pacifica offers a wide array of comfort and convenience technologies, including Keyless Enter ‘ n Go, remote start, and heated and ventilated seats. Other notable features include the segment-first handsfree sliding doors and liftgate, which are operated by making a kicking motion under the sliding door or rear bumper to open or close the sliding doors or liftgate.
For quick cleanup, the Stow ‘n Vac integrated vacuum, powered by RIDGID, is the highest-powered in-vehicle vacuum in the market, and is located in the C-pillar trim area for easy access to all corners of the vehicle.
The Stow ‘ n Go seating and storage system, a hallmark of FCA US minivans for more than 10 years, has been redesigned for added ease of use, and the addition of the all-new Stow ‘ n Go Assist feature helps to further simplify the process. With the press of a
button on the B-pillar, the front seat moves forward to allow the second-row seat to be stowed into the floor tub. Once the seat is stowed, pressing the button again moves the front seat back to its starting position. In addition, the Easy Tilt second-row seats allow for easy access to the third row, even with an empty child seat installed in the second row.
The Pacifica features a sophisticated road presence, with a dynamic stance, wind-swept profile and aggressive wheel-to-body proportions. With its long wheelbase, wide track and low ground clearance, the Chrysler Pacifica appears planted, with a capable stance and athletic proportions. Tailored brightwork throughout the exterior acts as a “jewel” to highlight the styling.
The Pacifica’s windswept profile isn’t a façade. The redesigned minivan boasts unsurpassed aerodynamic performance, which benefits from features like underbody aero panels, aerodynamically tuned windshield wipers and an optimized relationship between the front glass and the roof panel.
The front of the Pacifica features the contemporary face of the Chrysler brand, with a sleek, flowing upper and lower grille. The slim upper grille flows seamlessly into the headlamps, while the Chrysler wing floats within the mesh grille texture. The upper and lower grilles feature ribbon-like chrome accents that flow in concert for geometric balance and a premium appearance. A Mobius chrome strip that cradles the available LED fog lamp intertwines with the fog lamp housing and the lower grille.
A robust sculpted hood with distinctive character lines leads the eye to the upper grille and the Chrysler wing that visually floats within the mesh grille texture. The hood shingles over the upper grille for a clean, seamless appearance.
The body-side sections are highlighted by an A-line that runs gracefully from front to rear, tracing downward into the rear fascia to define
the rear quarter section. The sculptural nature of the Pacifica’s body section ties it to the Chrysler brand family. A lower surface character line, combined with the A-line and rear fascia surfacing, add to the Pacifica’s sophisticated, fluid-like surface that plays with layers of light from every angle.
A visually stretched daylight opening defines the upper canopy and is accented by a chrome surround, which, as it travels rearward, thins and thickens as if drawn with a brush. The sliding door track lines are hidden under the rear-quarter side glass, resulting in a clean rear-quarter surface that’s free of traditionally visible tracks.
From the rear, the Pacifica’s dynamic and fluid appearance becomes increasingly evident, with a fast silhouette and a roof that blends into a sculpted, integrated rear spoiler at the rear-most trailing edge. The rear-swept D-pillars accentuate the faster side and roof profile, adding to the sleek dynamic visual uncommon in the minivan segment.
The rear liftgate glass is visually “tucked” into and offset from the D-pillars, with the liftgate glass integrating seamlessly into the tail lamps for a clean and unified statement.
Like the front fascia, the rear fascia delivers simplicity and sculpture, with a dramatically minimized rear bumper shelf that helps to visually unify the liftgate and rear fascia. The rear fascia features an integrated black valance panel that includes rear reflex and a bright chrome horizontal detail to visually lighten the rear of the vehicle and enhance Pacifica’s wide stance.
Horizontally oriented tail lamps feature an LED “halo signature” with an even glow for a modern appearance. The tail lamps are integrated into the rear backlight and are extended outward to help emphasize the vehicle’s width and wide track. An athletic spoiler adds to the minivan’s lean stance and attitude, helping improve aerodynamics as well.
The Pacifica is available with 17-, 18- or 20-inch wheels, which help to emphasize the Pacifica’s planted stance and athletic proportions.