1. A man made a bike almost entirely out of cardboard. This low-cost bike was invented in which country that includes a desert called the Negev — Saudi Arabia or Israel?
2. The world’s oldest wad of chewing gum is 9,000 years old. Scientists discovered this wad of chewed birch resin in which country that borders the Kattegat strait — Estonia or Sweden?
3. Which of the following well-known capes is not located in the Southern Hemisphere — Cape Cornwall, Cape Horn or Cape of Good Hope?
4. Which country is not crossed by the Equator — Romania, Colombia or Kenya?
5. Which Central American country located just northwest of El Salvador has 23 officially recognized indigenous languages?
6. Textiles and antiques are some of the goods sold at the suq, or open air market, in Damascus in which eastern Mediterranean country?
7. Wallonia, whose capital is the city of Namur, is in the French-speaking region that makes up the southern part of what country?
8. Nickel has been mined for more than a century near the city of Greater Sudbury. This city is located in which Canadian province?
9. Finnmark, punctuated by fjords and inhabited by reindeer herders, is the northernmost and largest county of what country?
10. Which landlocked country is the most densely populated of the former Soviet republics?