Today 14 • Rotary Club of Wailuku, 7 a.m., The Vineyard Food Co., 1951 E. Vineyard St., Wailuku. Call Jennifer
• Maui Executives Association, 7:30 a.m., Tante’s Island Cuisine, Kahului. Call Dave Futch, 280-9600; visit www. meamaui.com.
• Mana‘olana Pink Paddlers, for cancer survivors and supporters; 7:45 a.m., Maui Canoe Club on North Kihei Road at Sugar Beach. Call Mary Dungans, 876-1553; visit www.mauipinks.org.
• Wishing Well Foundation, West Maui Swap Meet; 8 a.m.-4 p.m., Smokestack on Lahainaluna Road. For swap meet information, contact Siu Whitehead, 268-9822 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Maui Nui Botanical Gardens, self-guided walking tour, or self-guided audio tour; 8 a.m.-4 p.m., 150 Kanaloa Ave., Kahului. For information, call 249-2798.
• Business Network International, sharing referrals; 8-9:30 a.m., Three’s Bar & Grill, 1945 S. Kihei Road. For information, call President Wendy Hornack, 244-9099; see www.bnihawaii.com.
• Stable Road Farmers Market, 9 a.m.-1 p.m., Hana Highway and Stable Road intersection. All organic, all Maui Grown, non-GMO. For information, call 419-1570.
• Department of Health, HIV/STD/hepatitis testing; 9 a.m.-noon, Lahaina Comprehensive Health Center, 1830 Honoapiilani Highway. Free, confidential. Appointments preferred, call 984-2129.
• Hale Mahaolu Elima, free group exercise class; 10-11 a.m., 11 Mahaolu St., Kahului. For more information, contact 893-0002 or 281-1224 or email@example.com.
• Kihei Public Library, keiki story time; 10:30 a.m., 35 Waimahaihai St., Kihei. Call 875-6833.
• Overeaters Anonymous, 12-step recovery program for compulsive overeaters, anorexics, bulimics; 11 a.m.noon, Keolahou Church, 177 S. Kihei Road, Kihei. Call 875-8644; see www.oamaui.org.
• Rotary Club of
Lahaina, 11:45 a.m.1 p.m., Royal Lahaina Resort, Royal Ocean Terrace Restaurant. Call President Art Ortiz, 344-3010; see rotaryclublahaina.org.
• Kiwanis Club of Maui, noon, Tante’s Island Cuisine, Kahului. Call Leslie Arakaki, 244-6603.
• Lunchtime Tai Chi, noon-12:45 p.m., State Building courtyard by flagpole, 54 High St., Wailuku; free. Call 984-8200.
• Scrabble Play,
1-4:30 p.m., Kaunoa Senior Center, Room 103. Call 270-7308.
• Women Helping Women, support group for victims and survivors of domestic violence; 1-3 p.m., Wailuku. Also 24/7 emergency hotline and shelter services. Call 242-6600 or the domestic violence hotline, 579-9581.
• Caregiver Support Group – West Maui,
2 p.m., West Maui Senior Center Lounge, 788 Pauoa St., Lahaina; free. For information, call Kathleen Couch, program coordinator, 871-5804.
• Lahaina Hawaiian Civic Club, 5:30 p.m., Hale Mahaolu Eono, Lahaina. Contact President, Kathy Holoaumoku Ralar, 276-8047 or holokaa@ gmail.com.
• Parenting Class, parents of toddlers, 5:307:30 p.m., Child and Family Service, 392 N. Market St., Wailuku. To register, call 877-6888.
• Business and Social Hour Association, 5:306:30 p.m., Tante’s Island Cuisine, Kahului. For information, call Jaimie Brown, 385-5318 (daytime) or 870-8094 (evenings).
• Heart 2 Heart support group, 5:30 p.m. at Maui Memorial Medical Center, Education & Training Class Room (lobby level). Support group for anyone coping with heart disease or life after a cardiac event. For more information, call 244-7185.
• Rotary Club of Valley Isle Sunset, 5:45 p.m., Fernando’s Mexican Grill, Queen Ka‘ahumanu Center. Call Bryan Zoellner, 463-7857; visit www.valleyislerotary.org.
• Domestic violence intervention skills building, teaches nonviolent resolution skills to stop abusive behavior. Filipino speakers group 6-8 p.m., Wailuku. Call Parents and Children Together, 243-7001.
• Isle of Maui Pipe Band, 6 p.m. Openings, free lessons for drummers and bagpipers. Call 572-6513 (bagpipes) or 280-2437 (drums).
• Akaku Maui
Community Media, “Akaku Upstairs” Salon Series; 6-8 p.m., Akaku Center, 333 Dairy Road, Ste. 206, Kahului. Limited seating. Free event. RSVP firstname.lastname@example.org or 871-5554.
• Toastmasters Kapalua, 6-7 p.m., Kapalua Adventure Center, 2000 Village Road, Lahaina. Free for visitors. Membership available. For more information, contact Holly Shantara, 866-4986; visit www.facebook.com/ Toastmasters-Kapalua.
• Life Drawing class, 6-9 p.m., 1980 Main St., No. 1, Wailuku. For information, call 572-6571.
• Dad Group, for fathers and male caregivers raising children, 6-8 p.m.,
Maui Family Support Services, 1844 Wili Pa Loop. Call 242-0900, ext. 238.
• Maui Paniolo Dancers, free line dance lessons for beginners; 6:30-7:30 p.m., Waiehu Church of Christ, 810 Waiehu Beach Road, Wailuku. Call 250-8639.
• Maui Chess Club, 6:30-9 p.m., Pizza in Paradise, 60 E. Wakea Ave., Kahului. Call Bruce Martin, 579-9623 or John Lander, 385-3092. • Al-Anon Family Groups, three groups meet: Beginners meeting; 6:30-7:30 p.m., E Komo Mai; 7:30 p.m., Good Shepherd Church, St. Luke Rm., 2140 Main St., Wailuku. Let it Begin with Me,
Lanai City, call 649-9013.
• Maui Community Band, practices; 7 p.m., Baldwin High School band room. Call Conductor Lisa
• Maui Civil Air Patrol, Composite Squadron; 7-10 p.m., 94B Eena St. (just before the airport control tower). Youths 12-17 and parents. Contact 877-6117 or email@example.com. Friday 15 • Planned Parenthood, confidential sexual and reproductive health care, 140 Hoohana St., No. 303, Kahului. Call 871-1176; see www.pphi.org.
• Free child care services, for infants and toddlers up to 3 years old. Maui Family Support Services, 1844 Wili Pa Loop, Wailuku. Call 242-0900 ext. 267.
• Community Pride at Kanaha Beach Park, native plant and garden maintenance; 8-10 a.m. Register at first major park entry. Email volunteer firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Hawaiian Islands Land Trust, manage invasive species and propagate native Hawaiian plants, 8 a.m.-noon. Contact 244-5263 or volunteer@ hilt.org.
• Rotary Club of Upcountry Maui, 8 a.m., Casanova Italian Restaurant, Makawao. Contact President Lynette Pendergast, 633-3534 or email@example.com.
• La‘a Kea Foundation, organic local produce sold at a farm stand; 9 a.m.5 p.m., 639 Baldwin Ave., Paia. Contact 281-3463 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Kihei Public Library, preschool story time; 10:30 a.m., 35 Waimahaihai St., Kihei. Call 875-6833.
• Hawaiian Islands Humpback Whale National Marine Sanctuary, 45-ton whale talks; 11 a.m., Old Lahaina Courthouse Theater, 648 Wharf Street at Banyan Tree Park, Lahaina; free presentation. Also presented on Mondays and Wednesdays. For information, call 879-2818.
• Al-Anon Family Groups, three groups meet: noon, Kihei Lutheran Church, 220 Moi Place, Kihei; Step Study, 6:15 p.m., Pookela Church, 200 Olinda Road. 8 p.m., AFG “Stick With Me”, Alano Club of Lahaina, 520 C Front St., Lahaina. Call 242-0296. • Alcoholics Anonymous, Primary Purpose Group meets noon, and Young People’s Group meets 7-8 p.m., both in St. Theresa Church’s Damien Room. Also, Maui Sunset Group meets 5-6 p.m., toward shoreline behind Maui Sunset, 1032 S. Kihei Road. See AA schedule at www.aamaui.org or AA main office, 70 Central Ave., Ste. 1, Wailuku.
• Tai Chi, noon, Unity Church of Maui, 483 S. High St., Wailuku. Visit unityonmaui.org.
• No Ka Oi Toastmasters Club of Kahului, noon at UH-MC Ka Lama Building, Room 104B. Visit vpm7854@toastmastersclubs. org.
• Pacific Cancer Foundation, sponsors Kurt Miyajima’s Qigong for Cancer Patients; 3:30-4:30 p.m., YMCA. Free. For information, call 243-2999.
• Debtors Anonymous, “Free and Clear” group meets 6-7 p.m., St. Theresa Church, St. Francis Room, Kihei; free. Call 879-7870; visit dahawaii.org.
• Lahaina Restoration Foundation, candlelit tour; 6-8:30 p.m., Baldwin Home Museum, Front/ Dickenson streets intersection. Call 661-3262.
• Sex and Love Addicts Anonymous, 7 p.m. Beginners Step Study; 7:30 p.m. meeting, Kihei Lutheran Church. For information, call 264-6969.
Call for Volunteers
• Friends of Haleakala National Park seeks volunteers for monthly overnight service trips to preserve, protect Haleakala Crater wilderness habitat, endangered species. Participants stay free in cabins, carpool from Pukalani Terrace Center. For more information and to register, visit www.fhnp.org.
• Habitat for Humanity Maui ReStore, warehouse retail work, 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m., 970 Lower Main St., Wailuku. To register, contact 986-8050 or email@example.com.
• Na Ala Hele Department of Land and Natural Resources trails-andaccess program seeks volunteers on trail crew Saturdays, Sundays and Tuesdays. Rides available from Kahului. Call Kevin Cooney, 873-3509.
• Pacific Primate Sanctuary seeks reliable animal caregivers (including high school students) for wildlife conservation; plus administrative, gardening, handyperson volunteers. Retirees welcome. Call 572-8089, email firstname.lastname@example.org; see www.pacificprimate.org.