I Will Never Get It
• I will never get the full-arm tattoo on women. They claim it is an artistic addition … but I think it’s safe to say that most men regard it as a distraction.
• Ketchup on a hot dog. The lead condiment for hot dogs is mustard— followed by any other combination of relish, sauerkraut, onions, peppers, cheese or chili. Ketchup should be reserved for hamburgers.
• People who get handicapped tags so that they can transport elderly relatives … then continue to use the tag so they can get close parking for their own healthy bodies. Lazy. Inconsiderate. It’s all about me.
• Drivers who camp in the far-left lane on a highway and refuse to move to the right — where they belong. It is called a “passing lane” for a reason.
• And, while we are focused on inconsiderate drivers, those who find it too much trouble to use a turn signal should be condemned to a lifetime of living auto hell — perpetually stuck in rush-hour traffic on the Schuylkill Expressway.
Nothing on this list will be resolved by complaining. I still will find myself muttering, “I don’t get it,” numerous times during each day. But, at least there is the satisfaction of publicly announcing my bewilderment … thus providing an excuse for the puzzled look on my face as I try to navigate America in the year, 2018. Tony Leodora is president of TL Golf Services, host of the weekly GolfTalk Live radio show on WNTP 990-AM and host of the Traveling Golfer television show — as well as editor of GolfStyles magazine. He is former sports editor of The Times Herald. Send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.