The actor, 48, who plays a controlling boss on Homecoming, surprises Us
(with love Rose
Byrne on Oct. 18) shares 25 cool facts about himself
1. I eat a bowl of cereal pretty much every night before going to sleep.
2. I was raised primarily by my Cuban mother.
3. I hosted an overnight shift on an all-motivational radio station in 1990.
4. I attended the Lee Strasberg Theatre and Film Institute for three months, but I left after discovering my teacher, who constantly gave me a hard time, was trying to steal my girlfriend.
5. I watched the Super
Bowl last year with Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band in a hotel room in Sydney.
6. I’m a morning person. I love a 6:30 a.m. wake-up.
7. I have three sons: Jake, 23, [with ex Jenny Lumet, 51], and Rocco and Rafael [with wife Rose Byrne, 39]. Rocco is currently my favorite.
8. I love to read books aloud to my children.
9. I read all seven Harry Potter books aloud to Jake — who used to be my favorite. 10. I’m a die-hard New York Yankees, Jets and Knicks fan. 11. I hate to dress up.
12. I’ve never had a pet.
13. I don’t want a pet.
14. I love sitting in my car for an hour and a half on alternate-side street parking days.
15. I’ve played in a weekly poker game with the same group of guys in Hell’s Kitchen [NYC] for 20 years.
16. I went to high school with and acted in every play with
Brooklyn Nine-Nine’s Joe Lo
17. I got singled out by Jay Leno on his show in 1987 when Joe and I heckled him from our front-row seats. Pretty sure it was the first time we smoked pot.
18. I used to audition as Sergeant Barnes from [1986’s] Platoon: “Y’all know about killing?”
19. Before fully supporting myself as an actor, I worked as an audition reader. I got three parts that way.
20. I got to sing and dance with the late, great Jim Gandolfini in what might be my favorite movie I’m in, [2007’s] Romance & Cigarettes.
21. I worked at a nightclub in the early ’90s with shoe designer Brian Atwood.
22. I’d easily eat pizza every day of my life if I didn’t care (a little) about my weight.
23. I won my high school talent show singing an original composition called “Please Come Back to Me,” which I wrote for my ex-girlfriend, Marcy Landreth. She didn’t come back to me.
24. I also won the next year singing OMD’s “If You Leave” with my two-man band Hu-Man Style. (We were awesome.)
25. I’m fearless about acting in front of thousands, but terrified about dancing in front of one.
Stream the Amazon series Homecoming on Nov. 2.