Mr Ugly Byo finale postponed
THE competition to find the ugliest looking man in Bulawayo has been postponed to next month after sponsors highlighted they needed more time to make the event a blockbuster on the city’s entertainment calendar.
Mr Ugly Bulawayo which was supposed to be held at Cecil Hotel tomorrow will now be held at the same venue on September 30.
Event organiser Apama Machowa said: “Devine Assignments who’re hosting and sponsoring the event in Bulawayo want more time to market the event hence their suggestion to postpone the pageant to next month.”
He said the names of the 12 finalists would be unveiled a few days before the finale as they want them to be a surprise. The national finale will be held in October in Harare once again. The contest has already held its preliminary rounds for Harare with two-time champion, William Masvinu shrugging off competition from five other contestants to win a place in the Mr Ugly Harare provincial finals. The man who will be crowned Mr Ugly Zimbabwe will go on to represent the country at Mr Ugly Africa. “I was in South Africa organising Mr Ugly Africa and things are shaping up. We’re yet to finalise the dates however,” said Machowa. Last year 42-year-old Maison Sere won the Mr Ugly contest amid an uproar from fellow contestants who deemed him too handsome for the title. – Twitter @bonganinkunzi