10 THE DESIGN TIPS
We love to collect easy styling tricks for interior design magic. It was hard to choose, but here are our favourite small project ideas.
QUICK WAYS TO UPSTYLE YOUR HOME
• Change your tableware Cutlery, china, glassware – start with one. An inexpensive and immediate way to update your look. Chain stores offer seasonal colour options (try; Kmart, H&M Home, Country Road), or raid grandma’s cupboard to add mix and match interest and nostalgia (#cottagecore is so very now).
• Cushion makeover You could opt for a winter/summer complete changeover, or a little DIY of an existing collection. Bead, add trim, start an embroidery project – but always feather filling for luxurious ‘sink into’ comfort.
• Curtains Hang high above the window and leave enough length so
they tumble on the floor (makes the room seem grander); white linen is a classic choice. linenshed.com.au
• Furniture Legs Amazing what a new set of ‘pins’ can do for an instant update prettypegs.com
• Paint (or reupholster) your furniture Try bright white or deep black gloss – for the paint job, our suggestions are try a local car mechanic, or furniturefinishingcompany.com.au
• Smaller space, no room for a home office? Remodel an existing bookshelf to incorporate a fold-away desk – find a • Go local bigger cabinet Mirrors, maker chandeliers, who can help. ceiling-height armoires – larger scale gives illusionary space to smaller areas and a sense of grandeur to single pieces.